PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Return Shipping What To Do?

Bruce Wrenn
04-20-2016, 9:15 PM
Recently I bought a new battery for my old HP that I listen to music on. Battery was less than $12 shipped. But it failed to retain charge after first day. Seller says ship it back and he will replace it, but shipping is more than 50% of battery costs, so what would you do. Ship it back, or bite bullet and buy another outright.

Bert Kemp
04-20-2016, 9:27 PM
ebay has protection and if the battery was bad on the first day the seller should supply you with a return shipping lable. If he doesn't I'd file a complaint with ebay.

Lenore Epstein
04-20-2016, 9:56 PM
ebay has protection and if the battery was bad on the first day the seller should supply you with a return shipping lable. If he doesn't I'd file a complaint with ebay.
This, except that ecause the battery is toast and the sale amount was small it's almost certainly not worth it to require a return, so they're likely to refund your entire payment and tell you to dispose of the battery as you see fit.

This has only happened to me twice and both times the seller responded to my Ebay message (using the "contact seller" link on the purchase page) within hours and immediately issued a refund. If they don't respond you open a case with eBay's resolution center, which gives them a few more days to resolve it before Ebay handles it and then takes it out of the seller's hide.

Good luck!

Clay Parrish
04-25-2016, 4:42 PM
Paypal has a free program this year that reimburses you for return shipping up to $30, good for 11 times this year. I have used it on several occasions so far and gotten reimbursed as they promised.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns