PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Football.......

Ken Fitzgerald
04-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Reading recent statements by Johnny Football, I can't help but wonder what is going through his mind? Is he delusional? He hasn't figured out that nobody is willing to pay millions of dollars a year for a party animal? He hasn't figured out for that kind of money, one is expected to have a certain level of civil behavior on and off the football field.

This is a kid who should have and could have had the world on a string. Instead, I wonder how long he will live?

It's so strange, I can't even feel the least bit sorry for him. At some point in life, one has to become responsible for their actions and the results of those actions.

...and his publicist says he takes his situation very seriously. Really? It appears to me that the only thing he takes seriously is partying.

There is so much in this world I don't understand.

Malcolm McLeod
04-20-2016, 12:14 PM
... wonder what is going through his mind? Nothing?

Occasional sleepless nights lead me up into the big cable channels, and yes, when nothing better presents, I have watched 'Cops' (And yes, I am SOOOooo ashamed!) The arresting officer frequently asks, "What were you thinking?" Generally, the answer is, "I wasn't.")

Johnny, welcome to this week's episode of 'Cops'.

Paul McGaha
04-20-2016, 12:22 PM
I don't know what to think of it either Ken.

I don't think it's going to go well going forward.

I've seen guys like him (but on a smaller scale). The party ends right about the time the money runs out.

PHM

Bruce Page
04-20-2016, 12:38 PM
He's a total waste. I just hope that he doesn't end up in Denver.

Malcolm McLeod
04-20-2016, 12:45 PM
If he can just get a felony conviction, Jerry Jones (Cowboys) will hire him in a heartbeat.

Adder: He's still young enough to be a kid to me. And I wish him no ill. I truly hope he gets his stuff in a pile and does well in life, whatever his chosen path.

Brian Tymchak
04-20-2016, 1:59 PM
As badly as the Brown's ownership has been, he'll probably somehow end up back there... ;)

Michael Weber
04-20-2016, 3:03 PM
Probably out of football for good. If he does turn his life around he could probably make big bucks on the speaking circuit. I can see the mega-churches lining up to hear his "inspirational" story.

Frederick Skelly
04-20-2016, 8:12 PM
I can't help but wonder what is going through his mind?
Is he delusional?
He hasn't figured out that nobody is willing to pay millions of dollars a year for a party animal?
He hasn't figured out for that kind of money, one is expected to have a certain level of civil behavior on and off the football field.
This is a kid who should have and could have had the world on a string. Instead, I wonder how long he will live?

It's so strange, I can't even feel the least bit sorry for him. It appears to me that the only thing he takes seriously is partying.

+1. You nailed it Ken.

Gary Cunningham
04-20-2016, 8:25 PM
I can never understand why someone with the skills to make a ton of money will self sabotage.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-20-2016, 8:41 PM
Gary....it really is the worst case of professional suicide I have ever seen.

Bruce Wrenn
04-20-2016, 9:00 PM
Chris Washburn, who played basketball at NC is another. He was a giant on the basketball court. First round pick after his freshman year. Mega bucks, but he was gone by mid season. Lacked skills to be an adult, who happened to be making millions.

Frederick Skelly
04-20-2016, 9:12 PM
"Stupid is as stupid does."
- Forrest Gumpp

Gordon Eyre
04-21-2016, 1:32 PM
Our choices determine our destiny.

John Goodin
04-22-2016, 4:23 AM
Not making an excuse for him I wonder how much coddled, really crippled, but adults worshipping the ground he walked on as a kid simple because he can run with a pigskin. Living in central Texas I am amazed at the importance people put on youth sports. It is unbalanced and unhealthy. He is an adult and hopefully will get his substance abuse and other issues under control before it is too late. I think his football career is over but he should have a lot of living left to do. If he does not change he will be lucky to be in prison.

Charlie Velasquez
04-22-2016, 5:53 AM
Alcoholism is a very scary thing. It can decimate an entire family and extended friendships. An acquaintance thought he had it licked.... several times. But each regression just sent him deeper into the abyss as he saw what it was doing to his wife and family. He finally decided the solution was driving into a bridge abutment at 100mph.

Manziel needs help.

Rich Engelhardt
04-22-2016, 7:14 AM
Well- - Johnny Football is just another shining example of Ohio sports....

We also gave the world Albert Bell, Art Schlichter, Joe Charboneau - Tim Crews (Steve Olin - Bob Ojeda) -, and...Pete Rose..to name just a few...Oh heck, I'll toss in Don King too since he's a part of the sports scene here..

All have had "issues" of one sort or another that make a regular person just shake their head and wonder.

Living in central Texas I am amazed at the importance people put on youth sports. It is unbalanced and unhealthy.Texas doesn't hold a lock on that. My niece is obsessed with sports. She's either involved in a game or practice or workshop every single day of the year. My brother in law and sister in law travel hundreds of miles in all sorts of nasty weather (like the softball workshop they took her to in Buffalo New York - - -in a January snowstorm) to games and workshops.
Their whole family is now absent from family holiday get togethers (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day - a Thanksgiving also!) because there's a game or practice or workshop.

Charlie Velasquez
04-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Well- - Johnny Football is just another shining example of Ohio sports...Maybe by association, but I think his problems started long before he arrived in Cleveland.

In fact, I think the Browns may have been the first organization or authority figure to try to hold him accountable. I keep thinking had he been drafted by the Cowboys, Jones would still be making excuses for him. Cleveland may have been the best thing for him...at least personally if not professionally.

Paul McGaha
04-22-2016, 10:57 AM
Maybe by association, but I think his problems started long before he arrived in Cleveland.

In fact, I think the Browns may have been the first organization or authority figure to try to hold him accountable. I keep thinking had he been drafted by the Cowboys, Jones would still be making excuses for him. Cleveland may have been the best thing for him...at least personally if not professionally.

I think you're probably right about that Charlie. I think if he wouldn't have gone partying the last few months he'd be on the Cowboys already.

PHM

Bill Huber
04-23-2016, 4:18 PM
It is really bad and what gets me is the fact that he walks out with a little over 2 million dollars to support his habit with.

Mark Walden
04-25-2016, 3:53 PM
He just got indited by a Texas grand jury for assaulting his girlfriend, so here come the felony record.

jack duren
04-25-2016, 4:50 PM
He's done. He wasn't much after the first season he played Alabama and won. Second year they figured him out locked him up. Gets Heisman and another sad story in 30 for 30. If he had a good first year it would have been his last.

Basically he's unproven in the pro's. We have seen over the years Heisman winners that just don't do well in the pro's.

Sorry but an Alabama and Cowboys fan. Cowboys think about drafting Johnny? Waste of AIR in that stadium and a lost fan forever....

Larry Frank
04-25-2016, 6:53 PM
So sad but it is of his own making....hope he finds a way out of this.