PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Rep

Chris Edens
04-20-2016, 9:49 AM
Those of you with Trotec lasers. How often if ever do you hear from your local Trotec rep? I have machinery from other companies and hear from them every few months.

I have 6 Trotecs and never hear from my local rep.

Keith Winter
04-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Not quite as many lasers as you, but I have a four Trotec lasers and I never hear from my Trotec rep. I used to when I bought the first one, but not any longer. I hear from Nolan I bought my Chinese laser from more than Trotec Lol. I get the impression they are selling Lasers so well now that their sales force is pretty slammed doing installs and selling. But I agree it would be nice to hear from them every six months or something, just a quick email to checkup and make sure all was well.

Gary Hair
04-20-2016, 10:43 AM
I have no expectations of contact from my rep unless there is an issue with my machine that needs to be addressed or if there is some amazing new technology that he thinks I would be interested in. If I have any questions or problems I'll call Trotec. That said, my rep came to visit a few months after I bought it - he was in Portland and made a 4 hour round-trip to spend a few minutes with me. Completely unexpected, completely unnecessary, but absolutely appreciated!

Don Corbeil
04-20-2016, 10:46 AM
The first year after purchase, a couple of times.
Since then - never. He's busy with his own business, in some ways I don't expect it.

Mike Null
04-20-2016, 11:22 AM
There is no reason to expect your rep to visit you after the purchase. He should be available by telephone though.

Mine does call on me from time to time. Sometimes to help out on an issue; sometimes to see if I will run a demo for him; sometimes to ask if he can have a potential customer call me.

On the other hand, if I had 6 machines, I'd expect some frequency of visits.

Chris Edens
04-25-2016, 7:56 PM
Normally I wouldn't expect them too but they said they would. I guess anything to close the sale.

Robert Tepper
04-25-2016, 9:14 PM
I have one machine, a Rayjet 300. My rep does send me an e-mail every few months to see how the machine is performing or to keep me up to date on any sales promos.

I can get in touch with him by phone or e-mail, usually on the same day. I realize that I am a small account but he has always been there when I have needed assistance.
In contrast, how often do you hear from your car salesman after the sale is complete.

I still rate their service as top notch.

Robert

Keith Winter
04-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Funny, I got an email from my rep 2 days after you posted this :p

Trish Steding
04-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Hi Chris. Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience, and we have discovered that different customers prefer different levels and frequency of communication. We are investigating this matter internally, and will reach out to you to discuss how we can better accommodate your individual preferences for contact from your local rep.

Nicolas Silva
04-26-2016, 4:28 PM
I've had my ULS for 15 years. I don't think my rep has ever called me. But they have ALWAYS been there and answered when I needed to call them.

Kev Williams
04-26-2016, 5:49 PM
I'm surprised no one's said their reps call to try to sell you something? In this business, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Nice to get a heads up once in awhile to new products.

John Bion
04-27-2016, 5:29 AM
I do not have Trotec machines, but do purchase materials from them. I get an email probably once a month or every second month from them and the occasional call inviting me to demonstrations etc. I have had two on site visits from them too. I actually appreciate this contact, as Kev mentions above, because you are introduced to new products, glean ideas etc.