PDA

View Full Version : Any FREE software?

Dave Berger
09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Are there any freeware CAD programs, and/or cutlist programs available that work well? My experience with free CAD software is that you get what you pay for, in other words, junk. I hate to invest tons of money for furthering my hobby. I would much rather spend time in the shop than on computer, so I am looking for a free (or cheap) program that works easily. I have used Autocad (awesome program) but can't bring myself to spending a fortune to own it. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Jim Becker
09-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Some folks speak kindly of DeltaCAD, which is available for free, I believe. But there are also nice programs available for at least lower prices...older versions of DesignCAD and TurboCAD, for example. CutlistPlus is also inexpensive in the scope of things and works very, very well.

Jamie Buxton
09-18-2005, 2:13 PM
I'm a long-time user of DeltaCad. It is a basic, easy-to-learn CAD program. However, Jim isn't quite right in this case. It costs $40. Compared to AutoCad, that's essentialy free. You can download a free trial version at www.deltacad.com.

Dave Berger
09-18-2005, 7:30 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies...I will check it out! DAVE

Michael Burton
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Try out IntelliCAD It is Free and fairly high powered program.
http://www.cadopia.com/ In the upper right hand corner of the page is a link to download the evaluation copy which is fully functional if it is like the last one I downloaded. Works great.