PDA

View Full Version : Buying a bandsaw blade

Jesse Busenitz
04-18-2016, 5:21 PM
I'm looking at resaw blades, particularly the Tri-master, or Resaw King, as they seem to both be a good blade but, now I'm trying to find the best place to buy, as these things are pricey! At least for a 20" saw... Anyways where do you buy from?

Erik Loza
04-18-2016, 5:43 PM
For Lenox, I've had good luck with Spectrum Supply and bandsawbladesdirect-dot-com.

Have you considered the Woodmaster CT, by the way? Cheaper than the Tri-master and almost as good performance, in my experience.

Erik

Morey St. Denis
04-18-2016, 5:47 PM
I too could use a recommendation on where one might find favorable pricing for the Laguna Resaw King blade material in the typical 1.0" (or even 3/4" if the price were compelling) band width. I'd likely need about 11 continuous feet; even if a longer finished band could be sourced wholesale or at some inventory closeout, believe it could be readily cut to length and rewelded to my desired size. Otherwise the bill for a new one is $200 or more per Resaw King bandsaw blade. Not so bad when considering that's only about $0.61 per tooth of precision brazed and ground carbide, but I'd like to know if anyone has done better...

Ben Rivel
04-18-2016, 6:00 PM
BandsawBladesDirect is where I get my blades from.

Erik Loza
04-18-2016, 6:46 PM
...Not so bad when considering that's only about $0.61 per tooth of precision brazed and ground carbide, but I'd like to know if anyone has done better...

Can't comment on the RK but out of curiosity, I priced out an 1.0" x 11' Woodmaster CT on Spectrum Supply's site and the cost was $115. Just speaking on my own experience, I can't think of a blade that cuts much better than the Woodmaster CT. Assuming you need a carbide. Maybe some food for thought.

Erik

John TenEyck
04-18-2016, 7:50 PM
Look at: http://www.toolcenter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=TC

Best welds I've ever seen, and the prices were good for the Diemaster II's I bought.

John

Jim Finn
04-20-2016, 8:14 AM
I buy the best blade offered at" Supercut" I use a 1/2" re-saw blade on my 14" saw with riser and paid under $25 each. Works well for me.

Michael Sloop
04-20-2016, 11:09 PM
I asked a local blade shop for a good carbide tipped blade for resawing. The manager suggested for a non professional use I go steel for $30 (176"). He said the quality of steel blades these days is excellent and I could buy 6-10 new ones for one high quality carbide. He sells carbide, just offered his opinion and I found it interesting.