PDA

View Full Version : Sample Projects

Travis Reese
04-17-2016, 12:37 PM
It's been a while since I've posted however I thought I'd share some of the projects I've done so far with the laser. Please forgive me if links aren't allowed. There's no advertising of any sort.

http://lasercreations.wordpress.com

Keith Winter
04-17-2016, 4:30 PM
Great looking projects!

Robert Tepper
04-17-2016, 6:00 PM
Your projects are very nice and creative. Mine are all boring! I do the same three jobs all the time.

Robert

Rich Harman
04-17-2016, 6:08 PM
Please forgive me if links aren't allowed. There's no advertising of any sort.

I thought that linking to blogs was not allowed, but maybe that is okay. When in doubt you can always just de-linkify the url.

From the terms of service;

"Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek."

My favorite is the child aviator.

Travis Reese
04-17-2016, 7:50 PM
Rich, I don't believe I'm violating the terms of service. There is no marketing or advertising and I couldn't care less about traffic to that site. It is a reference and is for the sole purpose of generating a discussion here. Just seemed like a convenient way to show the projects. If I have erred and this is not allowed please let me know and I'll remove it. And thanks for the comment on the post of my son. He's actually all bundled up in his ski gear in that pic.

Robert, thanks. Difference is you're making money!

Keith, thanks.

Matt McCoy
04-17-2016, 9:08 PM
Looks cool Travis. What type of leather are you using?

Travis Reese
04-17-2016, 9:12 PM
For the one I posted on the blog, Italian cow. I've never done anything with leather before. I'm sure there's some technical term for the leather but the guy at Tandy said it was cow and the tag said it was from Italy. Therefore, Italian cow.

Art Mann
04-18-2016, 1:01 AM
According to the Glowforge company definition, what you have there is a genuine 3-D Laser printer. Your photos prove it! ;)

Travis Reese
04-18-2016, 9:12 AM
Ha, indeed I do.

david forte
05-04-2016, 11:00 AM
It's been a while since I've posted however I thought I'd share some of the projects I've done so far with the laser. Please forgive me if links aren't allowed. There's no advertising of any sort.

Your work is really cool. I am picking up my first laser engraver tomorrow (used hugo from hurricane lasers). I really like that airplane "punchout" that you did for your kids class. Did you make that file or find it online? I'd love to make something like that for my kids.

Travis Reese
05-04-2016, 11:27 AM
I made it. That's a Citation M2. I took the vector file from the electronic flight manual and had to very heavily modify it for the laser. Would be happy to share the artwork once you have your laser up and running.

david forte
05-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I made it. That's a Citation M2. I took the vector file from the electronic flight manual and had to very heavily modify it for the laser. Would be happy to share the artwork once you have your laser up and running.

thanks. Definitely would love to get that file from you. I have a huge learning curve...going to have to figure out how to make my own files like that.

Don Corbeil
05-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Nice work Travis, how did you get the darker tones in this acrylic?

Travis Reese
05-08-2016, 9:08 PM
Sorry Don, just noticed your reply. Not sure what you mean by the darker tones.

Don Corbeil
05-09-2016, 9:53 AM
Sorry Don, just noticed your reply. Not sure what you mean by the darker tones.

I looked again, I think it is because it's held against a dark background. Very nice!