PDA

View Full Version : Another Kick Back accident

Don Baer
09-17-2005, 6:56 PM
No It wasn't me. I just got back from helping a neighbor out. Turn out he was trying to cut dome dado's in some oak and the piece kicked back on him. The piece caught him in his fingure tips and removed two of his fingure nails ... :eek: Owch. I was working in my garage when it happened but I heard it happen. I went over and sure enough he was bleeding. Not to bad but bad eough. I helped patch him up and put away the tools for him. It turns out he wasn't using any thing to hold the parts, no fingure boards, board buddies and no push stick.:( When I asked him why he didn't. :confused: He said that he didn't want to take the time to take them out. I hope he learned his lesson. I know it served as a good reminder to me. Thats why I'm passing this along to my fellow creekers. I don't think he'll be doing anymore wood work this weekend.

Work safe.

Sam Chambers
09-17-2005, 7:12 PM
Don:

Tell your neighbor we're glad it wasn't worse.

jack duren
09-17-2005, 7:47 PM
"It turns out he wasn't using any thing to hold the parts, no fingure boards, board buddies and no push stick. When I asked him why he didn't. He said that he didn't want to take the time to take them out. I hope he learned his lesson."

not knowing exactly what he was doing. id guess it was user error. 10,000 gizmos wont make a user error right ;) ......jack

Steve Rowe
09-17-2005, 8:02 PM
Glad your neighbor wasn't more seriously injured. I have a buddy that lost all 4 fingers on his right hand using a molding head. Fingers were so badly mangled that they could not be re-attached. I can imagine that a dado head would do similar damage.

scott spencer
09-18-2005, 7:09 AM
Ouch....glad it wasn't worse. What were your first thougths when you saw bleeding finger tips? :eek: It was nice of you to lend a hand....thanks for the safety reminder.