PDA

View Full Version : trotec forgot how to test the air assist

TAMI WILSON
04-13-2016, 8:14 PM
I forget which 2 buttons you press to test the air assist.

Getting a lot of flaming with acrylic so I need to raise it.

thanks
Tami

Raphael Weil
04-13-2016, 9:37 PM
I forget which 2 buttons you press to test the air assist.

Getting a lot of flaming with acrylic so I need to raise it.

thanks
Tami

I think it's shift + fan? You pust them once and the air will start. Push them again to turn it off. If it's not shift it's the one beside it.

Gary Hair
04-13-2016, 10:33 PM
Timing is everything... First time cutting acrylic with my Trotec and I'm getting lots of flareup - air assist is definitely on but I need to turn it up. Anyone know how? I could email tech support but thought I'd ask here first.

Robert Tepper
04-13-2016, 11:11 PM
Have you checked inside the machine to see if the adjustable screw is open enough to let air through? This is on the inside left door on top of the air compressor.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Robert Tepper
04-13-2016, 11:12 PM
I meant the right side door.

Sorry!

Neville Stewart
04-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Timing is everything... First time cutting acrylic with my Trotec and I'm getting lots of flareup - air assist is definitely on but I need to turn it up. Anyone know how? I could email tech support but thought I'd ask here first.
Gary, yes there an adjustment to increase flow on the pump, I think the pump is on the back side on our machines, of not its on the non control side, Chris had to adjust mine and I didn't pay attention, but I think it was back side lower left.

Gary Hair
04-14-2016, 12:39 AM
Thanks Neville! I'll check it in the am.

Mike Null
04-14-2016, 8:34 AM
Gary

The adjustment is on the compressor. I'm sending you the instructions. Sorry but I can't post the file. Mine is a 300 so the location may be different but the adjustment is probably the same.

I converted it to a PDF so it should be ok.

Mark Sipes
04-14-2016, 1:34 PM
Yep

“SHIFT” (TEST key) for 2nd function key level + Exhaust (FAN Key): = Air assist on/off

Adjust valve at compressor exit where hose is located.......