PDA

View Full Version : Help finding acrylic cube

Delbert Rippetoe
04-13-2016, 11:42 AM
I am looking for 3x3 acrylic cubes. Laser it's has 2x2 but I cannot find any larger. Thanks in advance for your help.

John Blazy
04-13-2016, 1:36 PM
Have you thought of laminating four layers of 3/4" acrylic, then cut? The two part reactive cements like Weld On 40 or Acrifix Versatile are great at laminating without bubbles. You will see a slight refractive glue line, though. I personally have never seen solid acrylic that thick unless someone casts it, which you might look into. Not to say that a good search might turn up thick acrylic though.

Mark Sipes
04-13-2016, 1:39 PM
How's this:

http://www.shoppopdisplays.com/acrylic-blocks/solid-acrylic-blocks.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product%20Types&utm_term=clear%20acrylic%20display%20cubes&utm_content=Blocks

Bert you get credit for this post response... since there are two on the same subject...you were first... so confusing!

John Blazy
04-14-2016, 10:20 AM
I checked out Berts post too. Great source to have. Got me thinking of what I could do with a 4" thick block.

Bert Kemp
04-14-2016, 12:09 PM
But does the OP ever come back and find he has a source or does he just keep posting new threads asking the same question:confused::D