PDA

View Full Version : In Honor of....

Mark Blatter
04-11-2016, 11:47 PM
..her 100th birthday on April 12, 2016 everyone should read at least one Ramona Quimby or Henry Huggins book this week. If you choose, Ralph S Mouse is an acceptable substitution.

Frederick Skelly
04-12-2016, 6:55 AM
Mark, I never heard of this fictional character until I read your post and then quickly googled it. So I'm ignorant here - what makes Ramona so special to you and her other fans?

Best regards,
Fred

Jerome Stanek
04-12-2016, 7:14 AM
My kids loved those books and that started them reading others

Mark Blatter
04-12-2016, 6:56 PM
Mark, I never heard of this fictional character until I read your post and then quickly googled it. So I'm ignorant here - what makes Ramona so special to you and her other fans?

Best regards,
Fred

I remember reading them as a kid, and most of my kids read them too. Of course, when I read them most were new to the market. They are just good kids books.

John M Wilson
04-12-2016, 9:49 PM
I can still remember that Henry and Ribsy lived on Klickitat Street. Ramona said that the first bite of an apple was always best, and after all these years, I still agree with her.

Michael Weber
04-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Once spent a couple of hours driving around Portland looking for Klickitat St. so we could take a picture of my wife under the street sign. She is a big fan of Ramona and I admit it's hard not to love the character. She has an advanced degree in teaching children's literature. I don't have an excuse.

Bill McNiel
04-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Loved those books as did my children and grandkids.