PDA

View Full Version : Source for Sublimation Printed material

Tom Evans Milw
04-11-2016, 5:12 PM
Hello all,

First I apologize for this question. I am pretty sure I have read it before. I just can not find it. Does anybody have a source for printing. I have the heat press and actually a printer, but my orders are sporadic. If I can find somebody to print and send the sheets to me I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Tom

Mike Null
04-11-2016, 5:18 PM
This is the guy I use. He's cheap, fast and can print any size you need. He ships by mail. sales@mytransfersource.com

Ross Moshinsky
04-11-2016, 7:22 PM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'd do sublimation without a printer. On too many occassions I've printed something and the color was off (very common with sublimation) or something minor happens and I need to re-print.

I believe a complete Ricoh printer with ink is around $550. I'd be surprised if you can't pay for it in 12 months.

AL Ursich
04-11-2016, 7:59 PM
The Sawgrass HD ink is $325.50 for a set. They will empty fast as much of it fills the system. I had a rough time with the Sawgrass "R" type ink getting a proper Red something that the new HD Ink fixed with a bigger color Gamut.

If you had a Ricoh SG3110DN you can use the new HD Ink after a flush if you clip some of the fins that only lets you put it in a Sawgrass Machine. In my opinion the HD Ink is better.

I have also used the eBay aftermarket ink too with the clear auto reset in my 3110. It gave be the same results as the Sawgrass "R" Ink. So that is a cheaper option... But Red might be a issue... Even got a PM from a guy in Texas thanking me for the HD info as He too had a Red problem with the US flag and Texas Flag... HD fixed it...

Mike's source has had many positive comments on another forum and one way to go.

Good Luck,

AL

Mike Null
04-11-2016, 9:49 PM
Ross
While I do a substantial sublimation business it is laser sub black. I bought the Sawgrass printer last year and loved the results but didn't use it often enough to pay for the ink. I gave it away after a few months. The guy I gave it to prints for me and if I need larger stuff, My Transfer Source has always been reliable.

Keith Outten
04-12-2016, 2:08 AM
I have used Conde Systems to print dye-sub projects that are to large for my printer. They do an excellent job and their prices are very affordable. They have an online form you fill out and attach your graphic that is very convenient.

Keith Winter
04-12-2016, 7:56 AM
This is the guy I use. He's cheap, fast and can print any size you need. He ships by mail. sales@mytransfersource.com

Took a look at his site, those prices are smoking! Not sure how he makes a profit at those pricss, good resource for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Ross Moshinsky
04-12-2016, 9:05 AM
Ross
While I do a substantial sublimation business it is laser sub black. I bought the Sawgrass printer last year and loved the results but didn't use it often enough to pay for the ink. I gave it away after a few months. The guy I gave it to prints for me and if I need larger stuff, My Transfer Source has always been reliable.

Our laser system went out of operation about 2 years ago now. I haven't wanted/needed it since. Ricoh does everything the laser system did for me and more. It's a little more expensive to run and takes a few extra seconds to print, but it's not that much more time and not that much more expensive. The Ricoh isn't perfect but I'd say it's well worth the $550 and I like using it more than my HP4550.

Took a look at his site, those prices are smoking! Not sure how he makes a profit at those pricss, good resource for sure. Thanks for sharing!

I did the math and although I think $2-3 is very reasonable, there is room for profit as long as a majority of your orders are more than a few pages.

Tom Evans Milw
04-12-2016, 5:24 PM
Thanks Mike. This is what I needed at least until I start doing a lot more sublimation. Once every 4 months just won't let the printer not clog up.