PDA

View Full Version : great place for cabinet grade plywood

Michael Weber
04-11-2016, 1:26 PM
Lol

Dave Anderson NH
04-11-2016, 2:43 PM
Quality, Price, and Delivery. Pick two!!!

Jim Becker
04-11-2016, 8:56 PM
I saw similar while walking through the 'Depot the other day and could only shake my head in wonder. And sadly, I bet someone will buy at least some of it...

Matt Day
04-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Because I'm so used to seeing junk like this at the BORGs, I was impressed with one in Utah when I lived there. They had a knowledgable guy(s) working the lumber department who kept his dept tight - stacked as good as could be, junk was not on top like the pic above, wonky boards seemed to be removed, and they knew how to use a panel saw and I think even had a decent blade on it!

That being said, I've probably been to 30 different HD's and Lowes around the country, and there was one exception.

Brian Tymchak
04-12-2016, 8:32 AM
Is that the Purebond ply? I've never seen that kind of warpage in the Purebond stack at my HD. I've used HDs Purebond the last couple projects and have had happy with it. Has not warped and I've only hit 1 small void in the center layer which did not make any difference on my project. The outer veneer has been well bonded too.

Robert Engel
04-12-2016, 8:49 AM
Its not all like that. You're probably looking at what's left of the stack after people have culled through it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't by cabinet ply from them but > go to your hardwood supplier and look at their "shop grade" birch ply.

You'll probably find its made in China and pretty much the same stuff.