PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Switches / Jointer and Planner Problems?

richard poitras
04-09-2016, 9:17 PM
I have a Grizzly jointer GO-490X and a GO-453Z planner both of the switches are going on them. These are the original ones that they came with them and are the ones with the red lighted up off button and the green start button. You have to twist the red button to pop it out then you can hit the green switch to start it. There lays the problem as the red button just spins or does not want to spin to unlock it so you can't hit the start button. Anyone else have this problem? And or if so if there a fix or do I need to replace it? If replacement is the way to go what switch did you guys use? As I never did like the originals from day one.

Thanks Richard

Marty Tippin
04-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Call Grizzly on Monday. That's your best bet for help.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2016, 10:55 PM
I had that problem on my G0490X. I put a little piece of double-sided tape on the inner edge of the Red cap and screwed it back on. It's worked well for over a year now.

Personally, I will go with the originals if I ever decide to replace it.

richard poitras
04-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Thanks Ken for the tip.

glenn bradley
04-10-2016, 10:42 AM
My G0453Z did this. Grizzly offered to send me a new cap but, before they called back I had put a dab of clear nail polish in the threads and screwed it back on. While they were on the phone I tested it and could not get it to fail and so told them to never mind. Its been 6 years now.

richard poitras
04-10-2016, 9:07 PM
looks like I will try the tape and some nail polish.

Thanks

bruce buren
04-10-2016, 9:19 PM
same issue with 490x. thanks for the thread getting the wifes finger nail polish out!