PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Mutual Insurance

Dave Lehnert
04-09-2016, 5:38 PM
Any thoughts on Customer Service and claims?

Frederick Skelly
04-09-2016, 7:33 PM
Dave, my experience with them is out of date. FWIW, at the time - 10 years or so back - they were good on service AND claims. Look forward to hearing what others with more recent experience report.
Fred

Jim Becker
04-09-2016, 8:16 PM
I can't comment on experience, but I almost just went with them when I changed insurance after my daughter got her license. They were slightly edged out by AAA for cost or otherwise I'd be a policy-holder. I've heard good things about them and really liked the local agent.

Bruce Volden
04-09-2016, 8:27 PM
I for one would never go with a company that "pushes" so hard for your money (TV commercials every 2 minutes)! Same with AARP, NRA, Xarelto, State Farm....should I go on? Worked out pretty good with the WW Foundation eh? I like local small business independent type stuff.

Sorry for the rant. Feel free to delete post.

Bruce

Ed Aumiller
04-09-2016, 8:57 PM
What type of insurance ??? Auto, home, life, accident, health, etc ??

Larry Frank
04-10-2016, 7:52 AM
So much depends on your local agent. I think the agent is a real key to service.

roger wiegand
04-10-2016, 12:42 PM
They seem to be good for families with young drivers. My daughter has had two claims and I had one about two years ago. Cars were repaired (or in my daughter's case for one) totaled. The process in each case was pretty easy, not a lot of drama. Our rate went up after that spate of accidents, but not outrageously. It's starting to go down again.

MA insurance regulation is insane, until recently there was no competition. My rate went down 3X when Liberty Mutual and others came into the state a couple years ago. Once we get daughter's car onto her own policy we can get an even better rate.

Rich Enders
04-10-2016, 8:01 PM
I switched one year ago to Liberty when State Farm would not pay for replacing the windshield with original equipment glass (after a 15 year zero claim history). Liberty was 25% cheaper. Hopefully customer service and claims will not be required........

Patrick Walsh
04-10-2016, 8:33 PM
I have Libert auto for 3-5 years now. No problmes here, then again i nver had problems with my prior insurer so?

Jerome Stanek
04-11-2016, 8:29 AM
I just went with Geiko as they had the best coverage for us