PDA

View Full Version : NEVER again Home Depot

Rob Littleton
09-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh boy, since March I have waited for ( and paid nearly 6K for) my new doors. They have installed 2 but they were so dirty, after we cleaned them we found defects. Interesting that the defect in the main slider door was INSIDE the double pane glass. How on earth did QC miss that? Anyways, after MANY complaints to the store and the main complaints number in Atlanta, I am still waiting. They have sent me 3 replacement doors (the same kind 3 times) and each time, I have refused them coz of damage. This last refusal, they sent the SAME door as the first time but with different glass. I think they thought we wouldnt see the crack in the frame (in the same place and the same size)

I have written to BBB and have left a message to the Atlanta big boys a (haha) and I am DEMANDING money back. It has been very rough/hard working with them and I will NEVER work with them again.

They have been so unresponsive and the managers at the brance have been full of it and have sent me back and forth. LIES ...... I am sick of them. I will find out on Monday what the big guy says but God help them if it is anything other than, "certainly sir, here's your refund"......

These guys are liars and I am sick of the way I have been treated by them. Please travel if you have to but DONT special order anything door related thru them. They are pathetic. Hopefully the BBB will kick some butt too.....

RANT RANT RANT !!!!!!!!!!!!

John Miliunas
09-16-2005, 10:45 PM
When will these bozo's figure out that most people like to read about "feel good" stories, not rants and complaints reflecting poor Customer Service???:mad: It almost seems as though their mentallity on stuff like this is, "Hey, you're getting a product for so much less than the specialty store down the road, you shouldn't complain."

If their top dog doesn't give you satisfaction on Monday, is there any way you can stop payment or dispute the charge with your financial institution? I know...Pain in the butt, however, that may be your most expediant resolution at this point.:( Good luck Rob and thanks for the warning.:cool:

Frank Hagan
09-17-2005, 3:00 AM
The BBB is a completely voluntary organization, so there really isn't much recourse there. They simply keep the complaint on file. You may have better luck with your state's Attorney General's office, as most states have a consumer protection division that will help you. Start there. For Arizona, try the info at http://www.azag.gov/consumer/ There's a link on the right for a complaint form.

Laws differ from state to state. You may have recourse from a state law requiring a refund after so many attempts to fix the problem. In most of the states I'm aware of, you have between 30 and 90 days to fix the consumers problem, then refunds are required. (I'm a service manager for a manufacturer.) I'm not sure about Arizona's laws, but usually this kind of run-around is exactly the kind the AGs office loves to get their hands on.

John Shuk
09-17-2005, 6:52 AM
Truthfully I have found that the specialty stores prices are usually in line with HD or Lowes. I think that when they clearance stuff out you can do well. When it comes to most things their prices are like anybody elses.

Phil Phelps
09-17-2005, 11:43 AM
I feel your pain. Where did that sayin' come from :D Seriously, keep us posted on this. You have run into maladroit management and HD top brass should cooperate to make you a happy customer, again. If it were me, I'd appolgize and give you your doors at cost. But, it's not me and I hope you get satisfaction. If not, I would sue. I wouldn't let anyone get away with it. Good luck.

Ken Garlock
09-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems with HD. It may be too late now, but if you want some excellent patio doors, go over to your Marvin Windows Design Center. We have all Marvin windows in our house, and the patio door is the best I have ever seen. :cool:

I limit my buys at HD to crooked lumber, bowed plywood, and packages of 3 bolts and 2 nuts. :mad: :rolleyes:

Lee DeRaud
09-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I've either been really lucky or my HD is a lot better than average. (Maybe both :D .)

Two major jobs done through them (new roof and new carpet) were about as stress-free as operations like that can get...way better service than some of the small contractors I've dealt with over the years.

There are some things I avoid going there for: it's certainly not the right place to buy 100-count boxes of nuts/bolts/etc or specialized tools or wood finishes. But the general run of stuff? No problem.

(I have no affiliation with HD beyond living about a mile from what I suspect is the largest HD in the country.)

Vaughn McMillan
09-17-2005, 6:01 PM
There is a plan underway in my community to build a new Home Depot about a mile from my house. The proposed site was previously a K-Mart, but it closed a year or so ago. We have an overabundance of home improvement stores in the area (OSH, Do-It Center, and a couple Ace Hardwares all within 5 miles, and two HDs and a Lowe's within 10 miles), and a lack of general merchandise stores (Target, K-Mart, Sears, etc. are all 10 or more miles away). Tujunga is a relatively low-rent little town on the northern edge of LA (a fair number of immigrants, bikers, longhaired rednecks, and film/TV/music industry working folks live here), and we could use the general merchandise store much more than another home improvement center.

As a result of the imbalance, there's a pretty big movement here to keep HD from putting in the new store. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, having a HD within a mile or so would be handy. On the other hand, the Do-It Center (a regional chain) and OSH are small enough that the employees know me, I know where to find anything in either store, and there's simply more personal service. If I need something only the borgs sell, I have my choice of three within 20 minutes of the house. Of the three, I prefer Lowe's because in my area they have a higher percentage of English-speaking employees, and my Spanish and Armenian are not up to par. (I don't care one bit what country you or your parents come from, but when I ask for "masking tape", I expect you to be able to tell me where it is.)

- Vaughn

Rob Littleton
09-17-2005, 8:30 PM
QUOTE If their top dog doesn't give you satisfaction on Monday, is there any way you can stop payment or dispute the charge with your financial institution?

Hey John, since this was paid for in full in March, I dont think I got much recourse with the credit card. I am interested in the other link and will be looking into getting in touch with them.

The guy came this morning and installed the bedroom door. I have yet to see it as I have been working all day but Im interested.............the problem is, the installers are not HD, they cant be, they are nice guys :-)

Ill keep y'all posted.....

Rob Russell
09-17-2005, 9:17 PM
QUOTE If their top dog doesn't give you satisfaction on Monday, is there any way you can stop payment or dispute the charge with your financial institution?

Hey John, since this was paid for in full in March, I dont think I got much recourse with the credit card. I am interested in the other link and will be looking into getting in touch with them.

Don't assume that. Call the credit card company tonight - there is a window for reporting problems. See if you're past it.

Steve Schoene
09-17-2005, 9:21 PM
Interestingly enough, the guys who are backing their opinion with real money apparently do not believe there are too many home improvement stores.

Andrew Ault
09-17-2005, 11:39 PM
I just had our water heater replaced. The old one wasn't leaking and still worked, but not really well. I checked it and it was twenty years old and I put it on my list of things to replace.

Home Depot said they would replace it the same day and the price was Ok, so I contracted with them to do it. This way, they handled the permit fee and hauled off the old water heater, which in San Diego means getting it recycled - another fee.

Well, we never heard from them, so I called late in the day. I was referred to the contractor. The rep told me that since I contracted for it near the deadline (an hour before) that they wouldn't get to it that day, Saturday. That was frustrating because we had been waiting for them, as we said we would be. I made an apppointment to get it installed "first thing Monday morning".

I took Monday off, which required some dancing on my part. I waited and I finally called in the afternoon. I was medium miffed, but in control. The lady fed me a couple of pretty obvious lies and said that maybe they could get here by nine PM. As we had plans that evening, I told her to set it up for the following morning. I then went to Home Depot and tracked down the manager and related my experience. I've simplified this quite a bit. There were more phone calls to the store, Home Depot 800 number and the contractor. At this point I pretty much (diplomatically, using calm reasoning) lit a fire under the local manager's hind quarters.

Tuesday (off from work again, more dancing and pointing out that I rarely in ten years have taken any time off) the guy showed up at the crack of o nine hundred. The plumber was a good, hard working recent imigrant from the former Eastern Block and all around good guy. Talking to him, I got that he was paid piecemeal by the contractor in a pretty sorry sort of setup. He did a pretty good job and was not connected to the shady contractor in any direct way.

I went back to the local store and asked for a discount, which they gave (10%). I learned that if you get this done, do NOT use the 800 number or special phone next to the water heaters. Instead, go through the service desk. These guys were pretty good and trying to get good service for the customer.

Of course, after this, the contractor did not send the promised paperwork needed for the rebate and warranty. This required many phone calls, promises, broken promises, wrong documents, etc. Finally got what we needed.

I'd say that whether you get good service or not is pretty much a craps shoot. It depends on the contractor they use at the time.

Matt Meiser
09-18-2005, 4:17 PM
Contractors for both Lowes and HD are separate everywhere from what I've seen. We had Lowes do our carpet and they did a good job pretty much on time. My brother had them do a tile floor. They did it very late, and the guy was literally there until 4AM before my brother told him he'd have to come back to finish another day. Now the tile (that "Edge" stuff, which is apparently being recalled.) is failing and it all has to be removed. Lowes has agreed to reimburse them their entire purchase and install cost, but they are fighting to have it restored to the way it was (older, but perfectly usable linoleum.) They are going that route because Lowes balked at removing and disposing of the defective stuff which will probably be a significant cost.

We are doing windows and a sliding door right now. I chose a local contractor who had me order the windows through Home Depot since they beat the contractor's normal Anderson supplier by over $100/window. Hopefully I will have better luck than Rob!

Dennis Peacock
09-18-2005, 5:10 PM
Ok folks....I don't like HD any more than you do and have had some not so pleasant experiences with them in the past and present. Please, let's watch what we say and let's ease up a bit on the comments about HD. :rolleyes: ;)

Phil Phelps
09-18-2005, 8:03 PM
Ok folks....I don't like HD any more than you do and have had some not so pleasant experiences with them in the past and present. Please, let's watch what we say and let's ease up a bit on the comments about HD. :rolleyes: ;)
both good and bad from these places. No need to sugar coat a bad experience. There is no excuse for not showing up on a job when you take off your job to be there. No excuse.

Rob Littleton
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Contractors for both Lowes and HD are separate everywhere from what I've seen. We had Lowes do our carpet and they did a good job pretty much on time. My brother had them do a tile floor. They did it very late, and the guy was literally there until 4AM before my brother told him he'd have to come back to finish another day. Now the tile (that "Edge" stuff, which is apparently being recalled.) is failing and it all has to be removed. Lowes has agreed to reimburse them their entire purchase and install cost, but they are fighting to have it restored to the way it was (older, but perfectly usable linoleum.) They are going that route because Lowes balked at removing and disposing of the defective stuff which will probably be a significant cost.

We are doing windows and a sliding door right now. I chose a local contractor who had me order the windows through Home Depot since they beat the contractor's normal Anderson supplier by over $100/window. Hopefully I will have better luck than Rob!

I will be fair and say that the blinds and the carpet we had installed by them were done pretty well. Not on time as promised but finished and look alright. Windows is a whole 'nother ball game and like I said, NEVER again !!!!!! I pray you have a better experience.

Rob Littleton
09-19-2005, 9:12 PM
So guess what................

I talked to ANOTHER store manager today as no one called me back from Atlanta. GREAT customer service.

So I called the local branch and got another manager I had to explain it all to AGAIN........that was fun. After talking to him, he told he would get back to me with an answer. Well, he called me back....i was astounded. Wait, he only called me back to tell me he was still researching and he said he would call me back by the end of business today to update me. 5 o clock came so I called the local Home Depot........HE WAS GONE FOR THE DAY......I almost fell off my chair in disbelief (sarcasm)......anyways, i spoke to another manager there (that is the 5th manager at this branch) and she told me she will look into it. She called me back around 20 minutes later and told me "I have looked at your file..oh wait, I got a call on another line" hahahah gotta laugh. I am waiting to here back from her tonight.

Once again, they are lying to me and I have to sit and wait. I told them "dont make me come down there".......clearly thats what they want.....I will stop by tomorrow and introduce myself to them and ask them nicely for a refund....MAYBE!!!!!!! I will certainly stop by though :-)

Anyways, hope this experience makes other people think twice about using this company. I am gonna contact my local TV station and see if they can help.

I am against the word "HATE" as it is a very strong word and hurtful towards the target but believeme , I HATE HOME DEPOT........I hate them i hate them i hate them........to be continued.

Phil Phelps
09-19-2005, 9:25 PM
[QUOTE=Rob Littleton]So guess what................

I talked to ANOTHER store manager today as no one called me back from Atlanta. GREAT customer service.

So I called the local branch and got another manager I had to explain it all to AGAIN........that was fun. After talking to him, he told he would get back to me with an answer. Well, he called me back....i was astounded. Wait, he only called me back to tell me he was still researching and he said he would call me back by the end of business today to update me. 5 o clock came so I called the local Home Depot........HE WAS GONE FOR THE DAY......Quote

Tell ya' what. I'd be there first thing and demand to talk to the manager immediately. I would demand a refund and unload all your anguish on him. I'd get the names of those involved and send off a registerd letter to the home office. I wouldn't shop there again until it was under new management. That's about all you can do. And, you might add, you expressed your disappoinment on a woodworking forum that is read worldwide. And, you did.

Andy Hoyt
09-19-2005, 11:08 PM
And document everything.

Matt Meiser
10-03-2005, 9:44 PM
Well, my purchase is going only slightly better than Rob's. Last Thursday I stayed home all day for them to deliver 9 windows and our sliding door. One window had obvious damage and they didn't bring screens for 8 of the windows. Luckily the missing screens and damaged window were off the shelf items. I called and they said they'd deliver the window Saturday and the screens as soon as they came in. In the mean time, my contractor asked if I could be on standby for early this week for the install as they might get stuck waiting for subs on some other jobs.

Saturday I called to see when I could expect my replacement to be delivered. The store manager called back and said it never made it on the truck. He offered to drive out the replacement that afternoon and I offered to come pick it up if they would refund what I paid for delivery since I had another errand to run and was home alone. He agreed so I headed off to the store. After refusing the first replacement which also had obvious damage, I asked to get as many of the screens as possible since we want to be able to use the new windows if they get installed. Turn out another Toledo store had them, so they arranged to have someone pick them up this morning and bring them to my house. Got home tonight to find the 8 screens. Unfortunately, one of them only has the screening material attached on 3 of the 4 sides. Looks like they will be making another trip out tomorrow. :mad: When I called the store, I could tell the assistant manager found it hard to believe I was calling yet again.

I've opened all the boxes showing even slight damage to the cardboard and haven't found any other damage. I pray that the contractor won't find any hidden damage as they unbox everything.

On a related note, we did find a great buy on a new front door. It was a special order that was configured wrong, but worked for us. Got it for over 1/2 off the original price. They also had a lot of other mis-ordered special order doors and windows. Guess its pretty common for them to screw it up.

Matt Meiser
10-04-2005, 7:05 PM
At the risk of keeping this going--I heard the best one today. I got home and found they hadn't replaced the screen so I called and talked to the assistant manager. He said the guy had tried to get ahold of me all day to let me know what is going on. Strange that somehow my cellphone didn't work all day just for them. I asked why they didn't leave a message, and his reply:

"We are trained not to leave messages."

Rob Littleton
10-04-2005, 8:20 PM
At the risk of keeping this going--I heard the best one today. I got home and found they hadn't replaced the screen so I called and talked to the assistant manager. He said the guy had tried to get ahold of me all day to let me know what is going on. Strange that somehow my cellphone didn't work all day just for them. I asked why they didn't leave a message, and his reply:

"We are trained not to leave messages."

That is a classic !!!!!!!!:)

I wonder if he knows, that by the service they give, they are not trained to do anything!!!!!!!!1

Well, on a better note, I got a call today from a lady in Atlanta, (a HD rep, some big shot from legal is all I remember her saying. I kinda switch off coz I know it's de-ja-moo (thanks Jim))..........Anyhoo, she tells me (my wife actually) that they are ready to refund the full amount and told my wife a fugure. My wife tells her that her figure seems to be more than ours, at which point she says, oh well, let it go........OOOOKKKKK :-)

Then, she calls back about an hour later and says that we have been so patient, she is gonna send us a $150 gift certificate to use at the store. I asked my wife to ask her if I can use it at Lowes :-(. I dont think so.

So, we have 2 installed doors, that look reasonable, still have to get the front door, but NOT from them, and we have a refund and a gift certificate. Not bad for 8 months worth of work trying to get something we had paid for.

By the way, I made it clear to this lady that I shared this with a LOT of people and from east to west coast, they are not different. I also told her about the "Borg". She was kinda taken back. AND I also told her that I work for the competition in town and am gonna love sharing my story about this experience.

Thanks for reading.

Steve Clardy
10-04-2005, 8:36 PM
Then, she calls back about an hour later and says that we have been so patient, she is gonna send us a $150 gift certificate to use at the store. I asked my wife to ask her if I can use it at Lowes :-(. I dont think so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol. Best sentence in this whole thread. I'll be laughing for a week!!!

Sorry about your troubles Rob.

John Miliunas
10-04-2005, 9:01 PM
It's all kind of sad, really. Here we are in an age where communication channels and peripherals abound. It's also in an age where competition is abundant throughout this industry, yet a place like HD refuses to recognize those facts. I'm in a service industry and my "clients" don't always get the best news from me. Sometimes I need to tell them their hardware is trashed or their operating system is belly up or, absolute worse case, their "valuable" data is forever lost in Kilobyte Heaven. BUT, as long as I stay in contact with them and let them know what's happening all along the way, they can take just about anything. Most folks understand getting when I tell them the OEM sent the wrong part. Or, sometimes, the right part but it's defective. Or their part will take x-amount of time to come in or even, "I'm really sorry but, so-and-so had scheduled this time with me and I can't get to you until such and such a time." They're not necessarily happy about it, but in general, they DO understand and realize it's most alway not my fault. BUT, if I were to ignore them, even though the part delay isn't my fault, then they have every right to be p.o.'d at me!!! Seems like both, the QA of the HD products AND their Customer Service is pretty much down the toilet. Don't these places realize that there are a LOT of Joe 6-Packs like us purchasing a LOT of the products they sell??? :eek: :confused: They either, don't have a clue, don't give a hoot or are too busy trying to find the absolute cost on a product, regardless of quality. I'm with you guys... Anymore, HD is about the last place I go for product! And we don't even have a Lowe's nearby! Fortunately, we do have another "mini-chain" big box, which is a bit more local to the Mid-West. I've had far better luck with them since the orange borg moved into town.:) End of rant and hope you guys end up with a fair shake on your transactions.:) :cool:

Matt Meiser
10-04-2005, 9:08 PM
John, If you are talking about the place I'm guessing you are talking about (Menards?) they just opened their first store in Toledo and are opening at least one more next year, almost as close to me as Lowes and Home Depot. Should get interesting as the Toledo area and surrounding counties will have something like 5 Lowes, 5 Home Depots, and 2 Menards.

I shop the local lumber yard more and more. My only problem with the locals is that the closest one is only open Monday-Friday until 5, and the next closest is open those hours plus Saturday until noon. Its almost impossible to get there!

Lee DeRaud
10-04-2005, 9:21 PM
John, If you are talking about the place I'm guessing you are talking about (Menards?) they just opened their first store in Toledo and are opening at least one more next year, almost as close to me as Lowes and Home Depot. Should get interesting as the Toledo area and surrounding counties will have something like 5 Lowes, 5 Home Depots, and 2 Menards.Heh. I remember having a conversation with a drywall contractor while I was on vacation in Wisconsin a few years back. He was concerned that the impending opening of a Home Depot was going to drive his preferred "small local supplier" out of business...a Menards.:p

Borgs eat Borgs.:cool:

John Miliunas
10-04-2005, 9:28 PM
John, If you are talking about the place I'm guessing you are talking about (Menards?) they just opened their first store in Toledo and are opening at least one more next year, almost as close to me as Lowes and Home Depot. Should get interesting as the Toledo area and surrounding counties will have something like 5 Lowes, 5 Home Depots, and 2 Menards.

I shop the local lumber yard more and more. My only problem with the locals is that the closest one is only open Monday-Friday until 5, and the next closest is open those hours plus Saturday until noon. Its almost impossible to get there!

Yup, that's the one! They're not always the best, either, but when chosing the lesser of two evils, I've had better luck there. Plus, I can't help but notice that a LOT of their staff are the same ones who have been there for well over a year. Some I remember seeing 3 or 4 years ago, which for just about any retail is kind of amazing.

Ditto on the local yards, too. Sadly, we have one not 15 min. away from me BUT, their selection is horrible, and of that, the quality is nothing to write home about. And worse of all, it's not unusual to pay double or more for the same item I can pick up at Menard's!!! I certainly don't mind paying a bit more for decent products and to keep my business local but, when they're marking this stuff up anywhere from 50 to 100+ points over the big box, I simply can't afford it!:( Heck, these boys don't even carry MDF!!!! It's "special order" and, at astronomical prices!:mad: They primarily cater to the builders in the area, who I'm sure get a substantial break. That also pretty much explains their hours of operation, too. Probably similar situation by you, I'd imagine.:cool:

John Miliunas
10-04-2005, 9:34 PM
Heh. I remember having a conversation with a drywall contractor while I was on vacation in Wisconsin a few years back. He was concerned that the impending opening of a Home Depot was going to drive his preferred "small local supplier" out of business...a Menards.:p

Borgs eat Borgs.:cool:

Hey Lee....Whereabout was you vacationing out here??? Taking a break from the sun and moderate temps, were you?:D

Nope, don't think Menard's (BTW, I affectionately pronounce it: May-Nerds:D ) is getting hurt by HD. After HD came to town, Menards opened up another location on the East side and, most recently, they're darn-near doubling the size of their West side store. There have been a few more "super" stores added in areas where HD got to first and they look plenty busy to me, as well! Wouldn't bother me one bit if HD closed down and someone made huge roller rinks / skateboard parks for the kids out of them!:) :cool:

Matt Meiser
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't bother me one bit if HD closed down and someone made huge roller rinks / skateboard parks for the kids out of them!:) :cool:

Even better: Indoor Go Kart Track link (http://www.speeds.cc/main.php)

My brother took me to see this one in Columbus, OH, but we didn't have time to ride. Next time though...

Lee DeRaud
10-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey Lee....Whereabout was you vacationing out here??? Taking a break from the sun and moderate temps, were you?:DGF is from Green Bay and her mom lives south of there (Two Rivers, I think), so we get back there every 4 years or so...so far I've managed to avoid winter, but a couple of the Octobers were fairly grim.:eek:
Nope, don't think Menard's (BTW, I affectionately pronounce it: May-Nerds:D ) is getting hurt by HD. After HD came to town, Menards opened up another location on the East side and, most recently, they're darn-near doubling the size of their West side store. There have been a few more "super" stores added in areas where HD got to first and they look plenty busy to me, as well! Wouldn't bother me one bit if HD closed down and someone made huge roller rinks / skateboard parks for the kids out of them!:) :cool:The conversation I was speaking of took place maybe 10-12 years ago...sounds like Menard's got serious about Borghood since then.:p
("Borgitude"? "Borgosity"? Something like that...:cool: )

John Miliunas
10-05-2005, 8:32 AM
GF is from Green Bay and her mom lives south of there (Two Rivers, I think), so we get back there every 4 years or so...so far I've managed to avoid winter, but a couple of the Octobers were fairly grim.:eek:The conversation I was speaking of took place maybe 10-12 years ago...sounds like Menard's got serious about Borghood since then.:p
("Borgitude"? "Borgosity"? Something like that...:cool: )

Well Lee, if you're ever planning another trip out this way, let me know and we may be able to hook up! :) You're right...Oct. can be pretty grim at times. We're supposed to hit the 80's again today! Then, a high of 50° for tomorrow!:eek: Generally speaking, contrary to what a lot of people say about the four seasons, 'round here we really only have two: Winter and Road Construction!:) :cool:

Dan Mages
10-05-2005, 4:51 PM
Not to flog a rotting horse corpse, but I know what you are going through. When I started the work on my house, they found every way possible to screw up my cabinet install, including big black pencil marks & red juice stains on the walls, forgetting to cut out openings for cabinets, and failing to do RTFM when it comes to installing my sink (plastic pegs and a fiberboard shelf WILL NOT support a 170 lbs cast iron sink, thank you. There have been many many screw ups by them, but what do you expect? They drive their costs down to a minimum by sacrificing this little business trait called customer service.

Now I do admit to having fun with those drones at the Borg. Go ask one for an 11/23" reverse socket. I had one search for 20 minutes while I was shopping for other stuff. ;)

Dan

Andy Hoyt
10-05-2005, 5:11 PM
Dan -- The next you're in that special frame of mind, ask the "friendly well trained highly motivated 'sales associate' with all those patches" what aisle they hide the buckets of steam in. But not the one gallon size (you found those real easy), but the big industrial strength 5 gallon size.

Lee DeRaud
10-05-2005, 5:32 PM
Dan -- The next you're in that special frame of mind, ask the "friendly well trained highly motivated 'sales associate' with all those patches" what aisle they hide the buckets of steam in. But not the one gallon size (you found those real easy), but the big industrial strength 5 gallon size.Oh gee, a couple rounds of that should do wonders for their motivation. Right.

Dennis Peacock
10-05-2005, 5:43 PM
Ask them for a gallon of Hot Water Pipe Paint!!!! Ya know. the yellow and black stripped paint that the military uses for safety identification? :p :rolleyes: :D

Don Baer
10-05-2005, 5:51 PM
Ask them for a gallon of Hot Water Pipe Paint!!!! Ya know. the yellow and black stripped paint that the military uses for safety identification? :p :rolleyes: :D

My avorite is to ask em for a metric crecent wrench. Only make sure that all of the ones on the shelf have the in size showing.;)