PDA

View Full Version : Jobsite Sawstop two solid lights

Michael Mumford
04-08-2016, 10:09 PM
I just bought a Job Site Sawstop and when I went to turn on the Start switch after the 10 seconds the green and red light go solid. The Manual doesn't cover this and the saw will not start. This saw is straight out of the box. I called tech support but miss the time they were closed. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike

Mike Henderson
04-08-2016, 10:16 PM
I had a similar problem and it was an adjustment of the riving knife. It was too close to the blade. Also check the position of the brake to the blade.

Just as a test, take the riving knife off and see if it starts up.

Mike

Michael Mumford
04-08-2016, 11:29 PM
I had a similar problem and it was an adjustment of the riving knife. It was too close to the blade. Also check the position of the brake to the blade.

Just as a test, take the riving knife off and see if it starts up.

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the help, the bad thing is it still does it. I checked the distance and it's good, plus I did remove the Riving Knife. Still no joy..

Jebediah Eckert
04-09-2016, 9:01 AM
Hard to tell but it looks too close. I'm not sure on that saw, but on the cabinet saw I think that spacing is a nickel? I would imagine they are the same. Solid red means the brake spacing needs adjustment or the brake needs to be replaced. Also take the brake out and put It back on making sure it is in correct, also the pin is inserted properly and turned to lock it down. The brake and pin go on real easy and slides nicely in place, maybe the pin wasn't locked down and the brake wiggled loose in shipping?

Patrick McCarthy
04-09-2016, 11:40 AM
I checked my ICS manual and it doesn't show two solids in the codes. BUT the three that involve a solid red, two involve the brake cartridge and the third says blade rotation. Hope it helps.

think I would remove and reinstall the brake cartridge, make sure it is secure, etc. Good luck

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2016, 1:36 PM
Thanks to the Mods for taking care of that situation with that photo!

BTW....report these posts using the little triangle near the bottom of a post so the Moderators can help protect a member from this type of potential financial damage.

mreza Salav
04-09-2016, 2:28 PM

BTW....report these posts using the little triangle near the bottom of a post so the Moderators can help protect a member from this type of potential financial damage.

I think somebody did that ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2016, 2:41 PM
I am one who reported it but I think Bruce caught about the same time as I was filling out the form.

Bruce Page
04-09-2016, 2:49 PM
Mreza & Ken both reported it. Thanks guys!

Mike Heidrick
04-09-2016, 3:03 PM
Id check the key in the brake as well. Make sure it is fully inserted and turned.

Michael Mumford
04-09-2016, 8:26 PM
Thanks all the Card is old and the number is not active. If used it would never work for them. Thanks for looking out.

Michael Mumford
04-09-2016, 8:31 PM
Good luck the card has been deactivated for some time now.. Can't be used...

Jebediah Eckert
04-09-2016, 9:59 PM
Did you get the saw working?

Michael Mumford
04-10-2016, 4:03 AM
Not yet. I'll call Tech Support on Monday morning to see if they can lend a hand.I see that they tested before they but it in the box. So at least I know it did work before shipping. I just hope it is something easy and i'm just missing it. But everything everyone has told me I have checked and triple checked it.

Mike Berrevoets
04-10-2016, 7:47 AM
Have you tried sending Sawstop an email? I had a question when assembling mine and sent them an email on the weekend and was very surprised when I had a response within a few hours. i expected the email to sit in thier inbox until Monday but somebody was checking emails. I probably just got lucky but might be worth a try.

glenn bradley
04-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Mreza & Ken both reported it. Thanks guys!

And for being so prompt you will receive double the usual reward check! Thanks to the Mods for watching out for us.

fiona beckett
04-10-2016, 4:08 PM
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread http://budiono.ga/34/o.png

Michael Mumford
04-11-2016, 2:18 AM
Yep sent them one. I'm stationed in Japan and I have to wait until Monday late Night to call them... I'll let you know what I find out. I hope it is an easy fix. I called the Japanese dealer and since I didn't get it here in Japan they can't help me.

Brian Tymchak
04-11-2016, 8:12 AM

Ken, late to the party on this thread. What are you guys talking about? You ask to "report these posts" but there isn't any info about what was wrong with the post.

Thanks!

Michael Mumford
04-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Gents,
Just and update. Sawstop has e-mailed me some test procedures that might help you all too. To obtain the extended diagnostics information:

1. Make sure the error code is present (LED code other than solid green LED)
2. Push the bypass button and hold
3. The error code should undergo the following changes:
a. Both LEDs should go out, then both should briefly blink "on"
b. The green LED will blink some number of times (slow blinks)
c. The red LED will blink some number of times (quick blinks)
d. Steps a-c above will repeat several times.

I have sent the Error Code to them and I'll see tomorrow. I'm 16 hours ahead of the U.S.A. and have to work thru E-mail. I needed u getting a Error Code of 64. Just wanted to add how great it's been working with Saw stop so far.

Thanks
Mike

Adam Levitt
04-15-2016, 10:34 AM
Michael,

You say you are in Japan. I understand that parts of Japan have 110v 50 hz and others 60 hz.
I live in Israel where we also have 50hz, I also had a Sawstop jss and got a similar error. After some communication with them Sawstop confirmed that the jss won't work at 50hz. The rest of their saws have no problem with 50hz.
In any case I solved this issue by using a US 12v to 110v inverter which put out 110v 60 hz. This I connected to a deep cycle 12v battery and 40 amp charger.
I know a lot of work to get it to work, but it works.
Since I've sold the jss and purchased the pcs. If you can afford it, have the room and dobnot need portability, I highly recommend the pcs over the jss.
Maybe you travel with the saw yo Western Japan where I understand there is 60hz and make sure this is indeed the issue.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Ken, late to the party on this thread. What are you guys talking about? You ask to "report these posts" but there isn't any info about what was wrong with the post.

Thanks!

The guy posted a photograph where he was using his credit card as a feeler gauge. You could read his name, the card number and since it showed the back side, you saw the security code too. The reason you can't see the photograph is because a Moderator removed the photograph with the credit card to protect the OP/card owner. It turns out, according to the OP, it was an old, inactive card but several of us including I reported the photo because the personal information was viewable.

Bill Space
04-15-2016, 1:12 PM
Adam is correct about the power line frequency in Japan, but the nominal voltage is 100 volts, not 110 volts.

The dividing line between 60 Hz and 50 Hz is somewhere between Tokyo and Nagoya. The Tokyo side is 50 Hz, the Nagoya side is 60 Hz. Not sure where the dividing line is physically...

So as Adam said, you may be in an area that is running at 100 VAC and 50 Hertz. This may be your root problem.

Bill

Steven Woodward
08-07-2022, 1:22 PM
I am late to this discussion, but curious about the resolution. Anything more you can share.

Steven

Gents,
Just and update. Sawstop has e-mailed me some test procedures that might help you all too. To obtain the extended diagnostics information:

1. Make sure the error code is present (LED code other than solid green LED)
2. Push the bypass button and hold
3. The error code should undergo the following changes:
a. Both LEDs should go out, then both should briefly blink "on"
b. The green LED will blink some number of times (slow blinks)
c. The red LED will blink some number of times (quick blinks)
d. Steps a-c above will repeat several times.

I have sent the Error Code to them and I'll see tomorrow. I'm 16 hours ahead of the U.S.A. and have to work thru E-mail. I needed u getting a Error Code of 64. Just wanted to add how great it's been working with Saw stop so far.

Thanks
Mike