PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading your LV Plow Plane: a small cost saving tip

Frederick Skelly
04-08-2016, 1:50 PM
If you are planning to upgrade your small plow plane to work beads, you can save a bit by doing it during a free shipping event.

Background. I called customer service at LV today. I understood that the $59 upgrade price includes shipping THE PLANE both ways. But I was wondering if it also included shipping me the empty box/kit into which I put the plane. (I always assumed that this was not included in the $59.) LV confirmed that I'd need to pay regular shipping on the empty box/kit, and that buying the upgrade during the free shipping event saves me that shipping charge.

Fred

David Bassett
04-08-2016, 3:04 PM
True but.... Saving shipping ended up costing me ~$400. (Since I'm ordering, I've been meaning to get.... Repeatedly. Please don't tell my wife. :-) )

Frederick Skelly
04-08-2016, 4:21 PM
I have the same problem Dave. My basket currently has $400 in it and I'm trying to decide if I want to pull that trigger. Hang in there man!:)

Ryan Mooney
04-09-2016, 12:31 PM
True but.... Saving shipping ended up costing me ~$400. (Since I'm ordering, I've been meaning to get.... Repeatedly. Please don't tell my wife. :-) )

:rolleyes: Wayyy to true.