PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear from John Hart?

Carole Valentine
09-16-2005, 8:26 PM
He is conspicuous in his absence. Hope everything is OK. Last post I see from him is Sept 4.

Chris Barton
09-16-2005, 9:03 PM
I have noticed the same thing. He and I had emailed regarding a trip he had planned to visit Berea Hardwoods but, I have not heard from him since...

Carole Valentine
09-16-2005, 9:11 PM
Last I heard was a PM on Sept 4 regarding some blanks. Not that I am in any hurry for the blanks, just worried about him. :(

Ernie Nyvall
09-18-2005, 10:47 PM
I am also wondering about John. Last month though he wrote of being real busy with some stuff. Hope that's all it is.

Ernie

Carole Valentine
09-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have his phone number? It's not at all like him.

Robert Cepek
09-20-2005, 1:17 PM
Hello everyone -

Long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to let you know that John Hart is doing fine. He's On Vacation, Visitng Texas, and looking for some Burl Mesquite!!!! I also wanted to let you know that I work with John and a few weeks ago he gave me a Lathe!!! and needless to say you know where I've been

Rob

Don Baer
09-20-2005, 1:44 PM
Rob,
Thanks for the post on John. Welcome to the creek. Lets see some pics of your work.

Chris Barton
09-20-2005, 4:17 PM
Tell John that his group of stalkers will rest easier when he gets out of hurricane territory.

Carole Valentine
09-20-2005, 8:55 PM
Thank you! Tell him not to take off like like that without telling his Woodturnin' Mamma where he's going! Worries me to death when one of these folks goes missing.:D

Glenn Hodges
09-21-2005, 1:04 PM
I don't know what part of Texas John is in, but if he is in the coastal area he better get that mesquite loaded up and get the heck out. I found some really nice mesquite in the Corpus Cristi area, and now I feel sorry for the people and what might be headed their way.

John Hart
09-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry for the mystery and I appreciate the concern. Just before taking my long-yearned vacation to Texas, I meant to post a short note...but I had already shut my home network down for the trip and we were in a hurry to get out of the house. So...please accept my apologies. I also had no internet access during the trip either....It was really a vacation away from it all. Unfortunately...Rita came along.

We spent a couple days in San Antonio and then headed for the coast...about 200 miles south of Galveston to do some fishing and relax at my parent's condo. We got one afternoon of fishing in and then the mandatory evacuation kicked us out. So we spent a day getting the hatches batoned down and headed back to San Antonio. While we were there, we spent a lot of time exploring, digging up fossils and arrowheads....went to some caverns....My dad took us flying a couple of times...ate at some restaurants...had some barbeques. I am well-rested and now I'm recharged to get back into it.

Unfortunately...all the change in plans ruined my chance to get any mesquite but I hope my brother will send me some....but no matter...overall, the trip was good.

Here's some pics:
1. Parent's bunkhouse in the backyard at sunrise (San Antonio)
2. Parent's backyard at sunrise (San Antonio)
3. My Dad and I getting our fishing licences at the Gulf
4. Going fishing...My Dad in back and my brother driving
5. Here's the grocery store boarding up for the storm

John Hart
09-26-2005, 11:57 AM
1. My Dads plane...Piper Arrow
2. Arial View of their house (San Antonio)
3. Canyon Lake north of New Braunfels
4. Goin in.

John Hart
09-26-2005, 12:00 PM
1. My mom at Natural Bridge Caverns
2. Me and my girls
3. John...Mary...Dad

Good trip....now I have to get back to work....:(

Jeff Sudmeier
09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Looks liek you had a wonderful trip John! Great to have you back :)