PDA

View Full Version : Glue stick in GluBot

Bill Sutherland
04-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Got the new GluBot and put it away in nice warm cupboard in our house last fall. Today the Titebond flu has hardened and now it will not work whe squeezed. Next time I'll remove it before storing Any fix for this situation?

Mark W Pugh
04-07-2016, 6:06 AM
Check the tip first. I have not had this problem with mine. Air is getting in somehow.

Bill Sutherland
04-07-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get the glue out of the pour spout neck.

Tom Ewell
04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Nice gizmos when they function, ended up soaking and rinsing the crap out of them to get mine cleaned up.
Pretty much use the standard package bottles now and dig out the Bots for special occasions.

Ben Rivel
04-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Maybe they should be stored sealed in a ziplock bag when not in use? I have one but havent felt the need to use it yet. The smaller bottles have been good enough for me so far.

glenn bradley
04-07-2016, 12:55 PM
I soak mine using something to keep it submerged. For the spout section I unbend a large paperclip and use that with good success. I have used Glu-bots for years and next to my glue pot they are the way I apply glues. I have two of each, large and small.

My standard procedure is to use one Bot till it is empty and then toss it in for a soak and fill the other. Done this way a good shake clears all the glue out with only the occasional digging around required. I did add a piece of "gasket" to the large openings lid position.

Mine came without any gaskets and the seal was inadequate. An easy fix and anything from a re-used peanut butter jar gasket to a piece of coffee can lid will suffice.

Mark W Pugh
04-07-2016, 8:17 PM
Maybe they should be stored sealed in a ziplock bag when not in use? I have one but havent felt the need to use it yet. The smaller bottles have been good enough for me so far.

I keep glue in mine all the time. I have not had this problem. There has to be a seal issue with the nozzle, IMHO.

Jay Aubuchon
04-07-2016, 9:23 PM
I keep glue in mine all the time. I have not had this problem. There has to be a seal issue with the nozzle, IMHO.

Same here. No problems.

Frederick Skelly
04-07-2016, 9:50 PM
Same here. No problems.

+1.

You might try boiling water, if you havent already.

Charles Lent
04-08-2016, 10:10 AM
After throwing a few away, I now return the glue to the big bottle and wash out the glue bot at the end of each project, if I won't be starting a new project for a while. When my first glue bot went bad I spent hours trying to clean it, and I never managed to completely clean it. The next one that went bad I just threw out, so now I return the glue to the big bottle and wash them out. You can usually get away with leaving the glue in them for a few months, but not over the whole Winter, or whatever season that you are completely inactive in woodworking.

Charley

Kyle Iwamoto
04-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I have a lump of semi-dry glue in the bottom of the pour spout. I've been soaking it in water, 409, etc. Have not gotten it to dissolve. May try hot water. Boiling may be too much for the plastic. Operator error though, left just a little glue in there for a long time..... Other projects to do. Too many projects. Not enough time.

Bill Sutherland
04-14-2016, 11:26 PM
I do know I won't be buying ban other one.

Larry Frank
04-15-2016, 7:00 AM
I keep glue in mine all the time and have not had a problem. I do keep the red cap on it.

Sorry you are having problems.