PDA

View Full Version : Newbie but an Oldie (to the forum) ... LOL!

David Sallee
04-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Hi all, another not so newbie from Missouri! Been a member here for a while and last post was in 2008! Yes, I'm ashamed I've been out of the woodworking group for so long! Because of health issues and family issues I sold everything I had including a Jet 1014 I loved!!!! :-( .... BUT... now, I'm back in it and feel better than I have in years!!! Wanting to get back into turning and building works of art from a wood pile! Currently working on adding on to our garage for just a workshop for me. I just purchased a Hitachi 12" sliding miter saw to help build my add-on and next purchase will be a lathe and drill press. ... lots of work to do to get where I was and want to be.... I WILL DO THIS! ;-) .... AND... I have someone that supports me 110%! So love this little lady ;-) ... Amy with my two grandkids. ;-) Not to make comparisons, but my last wife, thought woodworking and pen making was a waste of time! Even tho I sold a fountain pen to a veterinarian for $250 bucks! Back in 2007! ... anyways, glad to be here again and looking forward to showing more of my work and getting ideas from all of you and sharing my ideas also! ;-)

David Sallee
04-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Oh BTW... this little lady has plans for me! Not only am I adding on to our garage but seriously ALSO wants a kitchen redo (which I have already started and she loves it) but also a bathroom redo and a front porch redo plus a rear deck remodel with hottube built in! .... lol... glad I got my 12" sliding miter! Just sayin.... lol

Keith Outten
04-05-2016, 2:16 AM
Welcome back David, nothing has changed here except the date on the calendar so you should be right at home once again.

Its good to hear that your health has improved and your back in the shop again with plenty of work on your schedule.

Bruce Page
04-05-2016, 1:59 PM
Welcome back! It sounds like that 12" Hitachi is going to get a workout!

Jim Becker
04-05-2016, 8:50 PM
Welcome back, David!