PDA

View Full Version : Found a small bandsaw for sale on CL

Larry Browning
04-04-2016, 1:22 PM
It's a Inca euro260. He is asking $75 for it. The pictures seem to show it is in pretty good condition. I tried to find others for price comparison but could not find any. So I am asking here. Does that seem to be a good price for this saw? I will probably go look at it after work today. What should I look for other than the obvious? He said I could run it.

glenn bradley
04-04-2016, 1:45 PM
These can be a nice 10" (ish) saw. I assume since it is on our side of the pond it is setup to run on 60Hz but, I would confirm. After that, just the usual; blade tracks well, adjustments move freely, no shake, rattle and roll that you don't think you can recover. If it is reasonably functional I would say $75 is fair. I paid $50 for a 1970's 10" Delta with a fiberglass shell and plastic (well fiber reinforced plastic) wheels and it has been a champ.

John C Bush
04-04-2016, 1:52 PM
Hi Larry
I have an Inca 320 and it is a nice, accurate scrolling BS. Not sure how the 260 differs but @ $75 I'd jump on it. Garret Wade used to carry parts for it but I haven't needed any in the 20 yrs I've had it. I have 21" for big stuff but find the small saw is capable and verty handy to have.

Larry Browning
04-04-2016, 2:02 PM
Thanks guys. I just stumbled on to this on CL. Not really looking for one. I do already have a ShopSmith bandsaw from the early 70's that was my fathers. It is in need of an overhaul. I know that it will cost way more than $75 to fix it up. Plus, it is a ShopSmith..... I have a 17" Grizzly that I really like, but I think it would be nice to have a small saw to keep a 1/4 inch blade on to do the small stuff.
Are parts available for this saw?

Larry Frank
04-04-2016, 7:37 PM
I also have a large bandsaw for resaw and heavier work. I bought a 10" Rikon for small work. I added the Carter stabilizer to it and WOW it does tight turns now.

I also inherited my dad's 10" 1950 era Delta Homecraft and have turned it up. It is a heavy cast iron beauty. Having a large and small bandsaw makes sense to me.

Raymond Seward
04-04-2016, 7:53 PM
I had a 260....it's a decent saw and well worth $75.....IMO

Bob Falk
04-04-2016, 9:12 PM
jump on it

Rich Riddle
04-04-2016, 9:12 PM
Inca saws are good but have a difficulty finding parts.

Larry Browning
04-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Well, I went to look at the saw today. It needs some TLC. The best I could tell it was all there and nothing was broken. The tire on the top wheel had come unglued, but otherwise it was in good shape. I just need to glue it back on. Even with the loose tire, it ran pretty smooth. I am a little worried about the way it was tracking. There was some rust on the knobs. Anyway I offered $65 and he took it. So I am the proud owner of a 1991 inca 260. Picture will come later this week or weekend.

Larry Browning
04-06-2016, 9:10 AM
I started the tear down of the little saw last night and I think I hit the jackpot! Everything is there, all the major parts are cast aluminum there are no cracks anywhere. All that is needed is a proper cleaning and lube of the moving parts. The only think I am going to replace are the tires. I have ordered some urethane tires and I am going to get a couple of new blades and I will be in business. There is some surface rust on all the steel knobs and screws along with just some general gunk and sawdust. What is the best way to remove that surface rust and the general gunk?
The only unexpected thing that happened was when I took the blade off and started to twist it into a coil, the blade broke. Upon further inspection, there appeared to be a small kink right at the break point. So that was a bad blade anyway. I was going to get a couple of new blades anyway, so no big loss there.

I know I promised pictures, but I didn't take any. I guess I was too busy having fun tearing it down. I have to wait on those tires to come in and I need a new pulley puller to pull the bottom wheel off the motor to complete the tear down, so maybe I can take some pictures tonight.