PDA

View Full Version : Old 8 inch CMT Dado set

Hank Mayberry
04-04-2016, 9:22 AM
I was at a new consignment shop yesterday. The only wood working item in the place was an old 8 inch CMT stacked dado set complete with wood and hard board box with slots for each blade. I just bought a new Freud set. They wanted $25 bucks for it and I keep wondering if I should go buy it? Don't really need it, but in excellent condition if ever used at all. No chips on carbide or marks at all. Is the old stuff better with dado sets? What would you do? I can't decide!

Al Launier
04-04-2016, 9:25 AM
Sounds like a good deal given the condition its in. One alternative is to buy it & then if you find no use for it place it on Craigs List. You could probaly make a few bucks. Or let a woodworking friend know about it.

Bruce Wrenn
04-04-2016, 9:22 PM
Sounds like a good deal given the condition its in. One alternative is to buy it & then if you find no use for it place it on Craigs List. You could probaly make a few bucks. Or let a woodworking friend know about it.$25 for a used CMT 8" dado set, it would have gone with me right then and there. A BMW for a Yugo price.