PDA

View Full Version : Setting the origin position in RDworks V8- Ruida 6442 controller

Gene Uselman
04-02-2016, 3:47 PM
I bought a Lightobject R5 controller (relabeled Ruida 6442) and have it working finally- as it happens you can only use the LO version of RDworks. I have contact with the program
and read and rewrote the vender settings from the card and have pretty good function... except it tries to drive into the left upper corner of the bed and the limit switches are on the
right upper corner. Does anyone know how to reset it? Thanks Gene

Rich Harman
04-02-2016, 4:04 PM
I bought a Lightobject R5 controller (relabeled Ruida 6442) and have it working finally- as it happens you can only use the LO version of RDworks. I have contact with the program
and read and rewrote the vender settings from the card and have pretty good function... except it tries to drive into the left upper corner of the bed and the limit switches are on the
right upper corner. Does anyone know how to reset it? Thanks Gene

If I remember correctly, you have to go into vendor settings and reverse the X axis.

Phill Barnes
04-03-2016, 6:13 AM
If by LO version you mean the corel mini version of the software, under the cutting parameters, click on the machine tab and chose the laser head home location. If using the full version of the software, under the Config(S) tab, click system settings and select you laser head home position there. If your arrow buttons are working backwards or the axis are working in the opposite direction when running a file, then you will need to enter vendor settings.

Dir polarity. For direction of axis
Limiter polarity. Homing direction
Invert direction. Change direction of panel arrows
Axis mirror. Change zero position of page

Phill

Gene Uselman
04-03-2016, 8:34 AM
Phill to the rescue again! Altho I think the system settings grid sets where the head starts from in relation to the graphic? The LO is for LightObject - it looks like a rebranded full version of RDworks V8-
that retains the Parameters Library (which I would think to be a great feature). They (LO) also seem to have their own truncated version of RDworks without the library. Do you have a full explanation of
the RDworks vendor setting- I have searched the internet and looked a different versions of the manual but never seen it. My chinglish is improving slowly. Thank you. Gene

Bill George
04-03-2016, 1:31 PM
Marco at LightObject usually has very good support for he sells, did you ask him? Also he has a Forum for customers on which he is very active.

Gene Uselman
04-04-2016, 8:34 AM
I will be doing that today- altho I think I read that Marco was leaving for China this weekend for several weeks to confer with his suppliers. I am hoping they have other knowledgeable people. That is a big reason I bought from LO- there are a lot of possible problems as these controllers are *very* complicated. I now have the motion part of the equation under control but the laser tube fires all the time. I am not sure if it might be a setting in the software or perhaps a hardware fault. I have triple checked my wiring of course- in this case the terminals are labeled in a way that makes sense. Thanks Gene

Phill Barnes
04-04-2016, 8:45 AM
Did you wire the controller to the TL or the TH terminal on the laser power supply? Default for the rdc6442g is TL.

Gene Uselman
04-04-2016, 11:19 AM
I did use the TL (low level) terminal. Is there any place in the RDworks software that the laser can be enabled (stay on)- there is in the Leetro software but I couldn't find anything like that in RDworks. Thanks Gene335096

Phill Barnes
04-07-2016, 8:00 AM
Only thing that I can think of is in Vendor settings, click on Laser on the left, Signal level 2nd from the bottom should be checked Low.
Maybe yours is checked High.

There is nowhere in the software that I know of that will let you set the laser on full time. No possible reason for an option like that but you are obviously at the point of considering any explanation.

Phill

Jerome Stanek
04-07-2016, 9:33 AM
Have you gone into the config at the top of your software and system settings there is a block on the upper right that lets you chose the head position