PDA

View Full Version : Bridgewood open end wide belt sander 15"

Ian Funk
04-02-2016, 2:12 PM
I've been in the search for a smaller wide belt sander for a while now. Was searching around on craigslist and came across a Bridgewood 15" open end wide belt sander. The guy had it listed for $1800 and now we have an agreement on $1500. Anybody know anything about this sander, did some research on it but found very little. It is single phase which is a huge plus for me since I don't have three phase. Any info on this sander would be great. Thanks

David Davies
04-02-2016, 6:45 PM
Seems to me if you have an agreement for $1,500 you're a little late to be asking this question.

Ian Funk
04-02-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow I was just seeing if anyone has any experience with them. I couldn't find a whole lot online, from what I found they seem like decent machines.

David Davies
04-02-2016, 10:30 PM
There was a discussion on the Felder group a while back and a couple of guys had the Bridgewood and liked it a lot. Based on their recommendations I also would have bought it for $1,500.

Richard McComas
04-03-2016, 12:36 AM
There was a discussion on the Felder group a while back and a couple of guys had the Bridgewood and liked it a lot. Based on their recommendations I also would have bought it for $1,500.I have one. I've had it for 15 years. Works as advertised. Never had a problem with mine except I broke a drive belt. Mine is a 3 phase 7.5 HP. Go for it.

Ian Funk
04-03-2016, 12:38 PM
I originally wanted a 36" since I'm hoping to go into woodworking fulltime. I hear mixed feedback on whether its possible to make a living as a furniture maker/designer, obviously people are doing it though. I'm going at it with everything I got, working on my skills but mainly on how to sell myself and market my products. I'm 23 with a full shop set up in my parents barn. I figure now's the best time to try and see if I can do this. buying this little guy is Just another step towards my goal. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Jesse Busenitz
05-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Ian, did you ever end up with the sander? I'm looking at bridge wood 37".... Jess