PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft posted April Fools message

lowell holmes
04-01-2016, 9:50 AM
So Woodcraft posted a new Islab advertisement on April Fools Day.
I haven't seen one from Lee Valley yet.

What gives?? :)

I take it back. Lee Valley has a new Precision Tool Holder on their site.

You guys are asleep at the wheel this morning.

Prashun Patel
04-01-2016, 9:56 AM
LV's is up. To be honest, I liked it years ago when we didn't discuss it. It made it fun when there someone took the bait and posted about it.

Woodcraft's (no offense to them) is lame; you know immediately it's a ruse. With LV's it's right on the edge of 'no way that's real' and 'I bet there's someone out there who will buy it.'

lowell holmes
04-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Woodcraft's making an effort though.

It's not a joke, but I have almost bought the no. 1 hand plane from them twice now. I don't know why I lust after one.

David Eisenhauer
04-01-2016, 11:20 AM
So, what kind of stones would be best to use for sharpening "ion-nitride" treated tools?

Simon MacGowen
04-01-2016, 11:27 AM
LV's is up. To be honest, I liked it years ago when we didn't discuss it. It made it fun when there someone took the bait and posted about it. '

For me what is worse is some bloggers try to come with up their own April Fools' jokes or inventions, forgetting that they are better a woodworker than a joke creator. April Fools' products from LV are often a class act and they have the resources to pull them out of the hat. Why make yourself a fool trying to be the smarter guy? No one is under any obligation to make a joke or a video even though it is April 1st.

Simon

Mike Henderson
04-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Where is the Woodcraft joke? I went to their site but don't see it. How about a link?

Got an email about the LV one this am.

Mike

Daniel Rode
04-01-2016, 1:06 PM
iSlab on the front page of their site.

Pat Barry
04-01-2016, 1:18 PM
. With LV's it's right on the edge of 'no way that's real' and 'I bet there's someone out there who will buy it.'
I 'd be totally surprised if Patrick hasn't already got at least one and that George didn't make a few of these back in the day.

Malcolm Schweizer
04-01-2016, 1:20 PM
I always click the "add to cart" to see the "gotcha" page, which continues the hilarity.

Mike Henderson
04-01-2016, 1:21 PM
iSlab on the front page of their site.
Oh, I just blew by that one. Didn't even look at it.

Mike

Prashun Patel
04-01-2016, 1:30 PM
Now that there is funny, Pat.

Malcolm, I read your sarcasm. Nicely played.

Malcolm Schweizer
04-01-2016, 2:47 PM
Now that there is funny, Pat.

Malcolm, I read your sarcasm. Nicely played.

haha, but seriously if you try to add to cart the page it goes to continues the humor- not going there is like telling a joke without the punchline.