PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a source for a Federal Fan Inlay

Daniel Turles
03-31-2016, 10:10 PM
Hello, I am in need of help finding a supplier for some federal fans to be inlaid. They will be 1.25" wide x 3"(?) long if I'm remembering that correctly. I purchased these a while back from a lesser known supplier and I can't for the life of my remember the name. I remember their website sold mainly marquetry edge bandings as well as fans for inlay. If you know a place where these can be purchased (1.25" width, I can source 1.5" fairly easily), I would appreciate your help. This supplier was also mentioned in a thread somewhere, but I can't remember where and I've been searching with no luck to find the guy. Thanks.

Mike Henderson
04-01-2016, 12:10 AM
If you can, post a picture. There are people on the forum who can make those, I would guess.

If they're what I think they are, they're not too difficult to make.

Mike

Daniel Turles
04-01-2016, 9:47 AM
Thank you, I ending up searching for an hour last night and found the source. It was dover designs where I ordered it from originally.

If you can, post a picture. There are people on the forum who can make those, I would guess.

If they're what I think they are, they're not too difficult to make.

Mike

Robert Payne
04-01-2016, 9:25 PM
Here is another good source (http://www.inlaybanding.com/fan.html) of fans -- plus many types of inlay banding and associated supplies.

Daniel Turles
04-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Here is another good source (http://www.inlaybanding.com/fan.html) of fans -- plus many types of inlay banding and associated supplies.

Thank you, I have seen that website before and it is a little pricy, cannot comment on their quality though. I can thoroughly recommend dover design but their website is a little outdated and I always find it easier to just call in and order. They are good for inlays in less common dimensions. For more commonly found inlay dimensions I have had good luck with "acutemarquetry" on ebay.