PDA

View Full Version : Mark Singers Craftsmanship

Paul Wunder
03-30-2016, 7:26 PM
http://www.wkfinetools.com/contrib/mSinger/markSinger-index.asp

In remembrance of Mark Singer who passed, I found pictures, tips and instructional material of Mark Singer's work that I thought I would share with the Creek.

His furniture, like his architecture is beautiful, spare and functional.

I would has posted this on the thread from a few days ago, but I can'alt seem to find it.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-30-2016, 7:40 PM
Thanks for posting this Paul! Those who have seen and haven't seen Mark's work will greatly appreciate it! He was a true craftsman!

Larry Edgerton
03-30-2016, 8:13 PM
I am sad to hear that he passed. He was an inspiration.

Jim Becker
03-30-2016, 8:21 PM
Thanks for sharing, Paul. There are a few threads here at SMC that are blessed with is incredible work. His shop was great, too...big and airy. Mark didn't do anything without gusto, whether it was designing and building homes (some of which I got to see both under construction and completed including his own amazing place overlooking Laguna Beach) or unique, custom furniture and art to grace them. Some folks may not know it, but he was also a "silent" partner in a few restaurants that had wonderful food and atmosphere, too.

Shawn Pixley
03-30-2016, 8:59 PM
Thanks. I met Mark through his a architectural work. I didn't know he made furniture until I joined SMC.

Erik Loza
03-31-2016, 10:58 AM
I recognized his name but had no idea the extent or depth of his work. Thanks for sharing.

Erik

Jerry Olexa
04-02-2016, 6:25 PM
A true artist and craftsman!!