PDA

View Full Version : Nova DVR vacuum chucking

Tim O'Hearn
03-30-2016, 2:34 PM
Is there a way to use the Oneway rotary adaptor on a Nova DVR lathe? Removing the handwheel reveals that the handwheel has the male threads, not the outboard side of the headstock.

Thank you

David C. Roseman
03-30-2016, 9:40 PM
Tim, I'd just call Oneway and see if they have a quick solution. Doubt you're the first to want to do this.

Eric Gourieux
03-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Tim, I use the Nova adapter, but I don't think it is available anymore. I think jtturningtools makes an adapter, but I'm not sure about the Oneway.

Bill Blasic
03-31-2016, 6:40 AM
Yes Oneway sells an adapter that fits the DVR so you can use the rotary adapter.

Ralph Lindberg
03-31-2016, 1:13 PM
I did what seemed to me a more simple method.
I left the handle-wheel on
Used the Hold-Fast rotary adapter, which end up in a 3/8 NTP tread.
Bought a 3/8 lamp "pipe" (used when you make your own table lamps)
The Hold-Fast and pipe assembly has a plywood disc that rests against the hand-wheel, I have a 3/8 nut that puts pressure on the plywood disc.
This goes through the head-stock and then trough the vacuum chuck ending in either another nut or the hold-fast outlet (this puts pressure back, holding it all together).
With a Harbor Freight (oil) A/C vacuum pump (and tight wood) I can draw over 27 inches of vacuum

Alan Trout
03-31-2016, 7:16 PM
The oneway vac adapter works very well on the DVR and is my preferred method on the DVR lathe. Its fast to put on and seals very well, and is very well made.

Tim O'Hearn
04-01-2016, 6:17 PM
Thank you all. I got a part number from Oneway and have ordered it. Soon to see if it all works.