PDA

View Full Version : EB4424 Spindle Sander

Tim Bridge
03-29-2016, 2:17 PM
I purchased the Ridgid EB4424 Spindle Sander from HD and it seems like a good piece of equipment so far.
It only came with 80 grit spindle sleeves and belt.
I need a finer grit so I thought I would be able to get them from HD too, but I was wrong.
They carry the Diablo brand sleeves and belts. The belts seem to work and fit, but the sleeves are too large for the spindles.
The package shows a picture of the EB4424 but they don't fit.

It is pretty poor of Ridgid that replacement sleeves that fit aren't available from Home Depot since they are the only authorized reseller of this machine.

Where can I get the sleeves that fit this machine? I am looking for 120 grit.

Bill Orbine
03-29-2016, 7:58 PM
Google could be your friend.....Rigid EB4424 sanding sleeves

Tim Bridge
03-29-2016, 9:50 PM
Gee...why didn't I think of that?

I was actually asking for where I could get these sleeves that are known to work for the EB4424 and not like the ones that I got at HD that were supposed to fit but didn't.

Glenn de Souza
03-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Hi,

Any 4 1/2" sanding sleeve should work. Amazon sells them in various diameters, 120 grit under the brand name Powertec.

When you say the HD Diablo sleeves are too large, are you taking care to tighten down the spindle screw with the appropriate size washer so the rubber drum will compress and expand thus making a tight fit?

Paul Wunder
03-30-2016, 10:36 AM
I get mine on Amazon. Brand names and good prices

Tim Bridge
03-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Hi,

Any 4 1/2" sanding sleeve should work. Amazon sells them in various diameters, 120 grit under the brand name Powertec.

When you say the HD Diablo sleeves are too large, are you taking care to tighten down the spindle screw with the appropriate size washer so the rubber drum will compress and expand thus making a tight fit?

Yes, I am using the correct size washer but the rubber drums are rather stiff and don't expand when tightened.
Also the 1/2" size doesn't have a drum. When I slip the original sleeves on the drums it is a snug fit, but the Diablo sleeves are about a 1/16" to large.

I will try the Powertec, I have seen them on Amazon.

Thanks

John Lanciani
03-30-2016, 11:29 AM
I use these with no complaints; http://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/ss10000/

Edited to add; I found a 3" drum (I think form a Ryobi sander) that I use on my Ridgid sander. It works fine, I just can't use the plastic throat plate that covers the large opening in the table where the belt sander installs.