PDA

View Full Version : Installing older ULS drivers on Windows 10

Brian Leavitt
03-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Oh man what a PITA... I was trying for an hour an a half to install the drivers for my X2-600 and X-660 on a fresh install of Windows 10 and it would never finish. The Fusion installed fine, but not the other two. After much research, and trial and error, I found that the issue is because the ULS drivers are not digitally signed. In Microsoft's infinite wisdom, they decided that in this version of windows if a driver is not signed it just won't install. No prompt like in Windows 7 to ask if you want to install anyways. It just kicks it out with no explanation (in my case). Fortunately, I found a workaround. Hopefully this will help someone else with a similar situation.

If you hold down the Shift key while clicking "Restart" in windows, a menu will come up for Troubleshooting Options. in there, click "Advanced Options", then "Startup Settings". After that, click the "Restart" button and wait for the "Startup Settings" menu to appear. When it does, hit F7. This will disable driver signature enforcement and allow the driver to install.

I now have all of the lasers installed (and working correctly) and all is well again.

Keith Winter
03-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Good tip Brian thanks!

Nicolas Silva
03-28-2016, 3:59 PM
thanks for the tip. I hate upgrading but will probably have to sometime. And mine is an M-300 so the driver is even older.