PDA

View Full Version : Arbor Nut for Grizzly Table Saw

Scott Bartholomew
03-27-2016, 8:36 PM
Ive got an older table saw Model1987-B-10M All Trade on which all the parts are discontinued. So I need a new arbor shaft for the old beast and found a simularity in the Grizzly P1022. Purchased a arbor shaft and all the bearings, pulley, nut for back bearing. The shaft was the perfect match and put the saw all back together. The one thing I didn't order was the saw blade arbor nut P1022115 and guess what has been discontinued. My old nut did not work and there is nothing online that I have found. Hoping someone on Saw Mill Creek could help me locate one so I do not have to take this all apart and start searching more models.

Ronald Blue
03-27-2016, 10:12 PM
I was doing some searching and saw a reference that a Jet model interchanged as well. So possibly another option.

Lee Schierer
03-28-2016, 8:56 AM
Most table saw arbor nuts use an Acme thread. If your saw was made overseas, it is possible that it is a metric thread. McMaster Carr has a good selection of Acme nuts in left hand, right hand and metric sizes. Do a google search for "acme thread dimensions" and measure your arbor with a micrometer or digital caliper to determine the correct size nut you need.

scott spencer
03-28-2016, 9:23 AM
The G1022 is a classic Taiwanese contractor saw that was made by Mao Shan sold under many names from that era, including theirs.... Jet, PM, Omega, General International, Woodtek, Bridgewood, Ohio Forge, etc. I'd think that many nuts should fit it.