PDA

View Full Version : Air assist fitting with built in metering valve- pict attached

Gene Uselman
03-27-2016, 2:15 PM
I found this fitting somewhere (I thought lightobject but I can't find it again) and started to order it but got called away and lost track. This pict is from aliExpress, but that was not it. Thanks Gene

Bert Kemp
03-27-2016, 7:02 PM
what do you want to know????:confused:
what it is

/
https://jet.com/product/detail/1d50f48b228341259bc6b81e1de0e9d2?jcmp=pla:ggl:gen_ hardware_a3:tools_measuring_tools_sensors_a3_other :na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=gen_hardware_a3&ds_cid&ds_ag=tools_measuring_tools_sensors_a3_other&product_id=1d50f48b228341259bc6b81e1de0e9d2&product_partition_id=156828978300&gclid=Cj0KEQjwid63BRCswIGqyOubtrUBEiQAvTol0bQAiorz xBkvWmOnGBEx0ilxcsl1ODsSEno7Ki1mraYaAjxk8P8HAQ

Gene Uselman
03-28-2016, 8:49 AM
I am wondering if anyone has seen this fitting on a website- I would like to order it. Thanks Gene

Al Launier
03-28-2016, 9:03 AM
Try right clicking the image, then click on "search google for Image". Perhaps you can find it this way.

Scott Marquez
03-28-2016, 9:58 AM
Are you replacing this or starting from scratch? You will need to know your thread size and tubing diameter, I'm sure you could get these off of EBay with the known information.
Scott

Gene Uselman
03-28-2016, 2:37 PM
I would like to replace what I have- and I have done a Tineye search for the picture. Thanks Gene

Mark Sipes
03-28-2016, 4:34 PM
I use these on the rotary engraver for solenoid control

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pneumatic-Mini-Type-Exhaust-Throttle-Needle-Valve-Elbow-PISCO-JSC4-M3MA-/321453794154?hash=item4ad823a36a:g:dDMAAOSwEK9TuMs K

Newing-Hall -- http://www.newing-hall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Needle-Valve-1067602.jpg
Spindle, Parts and Accessories

More https://www.stcvalve.com/Push_In_Fitting.htm#BC from Airtronicsinc.net valves

Gene Uselman
03-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Mark- you are the man- having the correct terminology is 3/4 of the battle. Now looking for 6mm(or 1/4") tubing by 1/8" pipe thread. Thank you Sir.

AL Ursich
03-30-2016, 1:15 PM
Saw hundreds of them at the Sony Picture Tube Plant in San Diego where I worked maintaining the Factory Automation Equipment starting in 1995 for 4 years then off to Philly to fix Play Stations.

It is a SMC Air Regulator or Slow Speed Needle Valve Regulator. Normally used to control the air pressure into or out of a Air Cylinder Actuator as in Metered IN or Metered OUT. It controls how fast a elevator, lift, or Transfer Station operated. Put one in with backwards Metering and watch the CRASH.... or throw a CRT or Picture Tube... :)

The Blue Flavor you have in the photo is the METRIC Version and a RED would be a Standard.

Here is the PDF.

http://content.smcetech.com/pdf/AS_LowSpeed.pdf

Sony used 99% Metric. That area of Sony in San Diego is just a Dusty Parking Lot now... All gone....

As a side note... We had classes by SMC and Omron on the Factory Automation. Every SMC Valve, Regulator, or Cylinder was sent for Failure Analysis. It was found that improper application of the white TEFLON TAPE was the reason for 99% of the Failures... Pieces fall off the END into the air line and working it's way to the valves and regulators....

AL

Gene Uselman
03-30-2016, 3:06 PM
I found them on McMaster but it sez: They regulate airflow in the flow-control direction (inlet to outlet) and let air flow freely in the other direction.

I would be using it in the opposite direction- not sure how air could flow freely in the other direction but I guess they would know. Gene

AL Ursich
03-30-2016, 7:26 PM
I found them on McMaster but it sez: They regulate airflow in the flow-control direction (inlet to outlet) and let air flow freely in the other direction.

I would be using it in the opposite direction- not sure how air could flow freely in the other direction but I guess they would know. Gene

See the Symbol that shows a One Way Check Valve and the Needle Valve in parallel. So in one direction the check valve seals and the air flow is regulated by the needle. Air in the Other Direction the check valve opens and full flow happens with the air taking the path of least resistance.

Where a Air Regulator say the one that comes off your air compressor works by reducing the flow or air pressure but in ONE Direction... I don't believe air can flow back into the tank or compressor from the nozzle even if the pressure is greater...

THIS product is designed to go on EACH End of a Air Cylinder. With Factory Automation you need to be able to control how fast a cylinder moves in BOTH Directions... Hence one Needle Valve controls the speed of the cylinder going UP and the other the speed going down. With TWO way air flow, the Check Valve in the opposite fitting is just passing the air when the other is in control.

So what you are doing... You need to find the Breakdown of the PART NUMBER... In the 2nd picture the 3rd set of numbers tells you which way the needle valve is in control.

IT will work as a flow adjustment if you get the one that is going in the right direction.

AL