PDA

View Full Version : pre-gloat for a DC

John Gregory
09-15-2005, 3:43 PM
On my lunch today I went to our a local ww supplier and looked at their used equipment area. I found a Jet DC 1100CK that was used as a demo of a table saw at the show in Las Vegas. Amazon is $479.99, I paid $378.00. Plus there is a $50 mail in rebate. Since it is sold from a dealer and considered new, I get the rebate and the warranty. I think this will be a good addition to our woodworking shop. Currently we use a Ridgid 1HP 650 CFM with the standard bags which works OK really, but just ok.

Does anyone own one of these? If so, how do you like it?

John

Cecil Arnold
09-15-2005, 4:58 PM
John, I have an 1100 that I upgraded to the CK, and while it is better than nothing and the CK is better than the bag unit, I am currently haunting the threads on cyclones to try to make a good buying decision. If you can house it outside IMHO that would be the wise thing to do since you will still have the fine (most dangerous to your health) dust in your shop. Outside, for a small shop, I think you would be happy with the unit.

John Gregory
09-15-2005, 7:01 PM
John, I have an 1100 that I upgraded to the CK, and while it is better than nothing and the CK is better than the bag unit, I am currently haunting the threads on cyclones to try to make a good buying decision. If you can house it outside IMHO that would be the wise thing to do since you will still have the fine (most dangerous to your health) dust in your shop. Outside, for a small shop, I think you would be happy with the unit.

I have a separate room that I keep my DC in. The room is used for lawn and garden equipment storage.

Thanks for your reply