PDA

View Full Version : The BORG and it's advertizing >>>>

Clarence Martin
03-26-2016, 9:17 PM
Went to one of the BORG stores to pick up some Pressure Treated 6x8 Stockade fence panels. On the Computer , they list it at $39.97. But, when I got there, they had a price tag on it in big black letters $62.97 !!! So, I go inside to price check. I got the run around from the girl . Told her the price on the computer , Did not seem to make a difference. Then , I told her how many they had in stock at the store. Right after that, the Manager walks up to her and tells her how to OPERATE THE COMPUTER!!!!:rolleyes:

Well, suprise, $39.97 pops up on the computer screen !!!:D

First, they have people putting the wrong price on products, and then they get sales people that can't operate the computer to show the product price !!LOL

Matt Day
03-26-2016, 10:17 PM
I've come to expect this type of thing from just about every store.

Dave Lehnert
03-26-2016, 10:50 PM
Now days it seems prices on the internet are cheaper for "In store pickup" than if you just go in a buy it.
Two giant retailers has trained me to buy nothing when I see it in store because it can be ordered cheaper on-line then pick it up next time I'm in store.

I worked in retail for over 20 years. You would not believe how many prices change in one day. It would often take one person, in one department, all day to change prices.
80% of the time the price that rang in the register is the correct price. That is controlled by the buyers at the main office. The marked price on the shelf was not changed and incorrect.
Another reason prices are sometimes marked wrong. The clerk doing the price change, say on rock salt, will change the price on the display in the department but did not realize the clerk the night before built a display of rock salt at the front entrance.

Myk Rian
03-27-2016, 9:37 PM
Now days it seems prices on the internet are cheaper for "In store pickup" than if you just go in a buy it.
Two giant retailers has trained me to buy nothing when I see it in store because it can be ordered cheaper on-line then pick it up next time I'm in store.
I check prices on my phone while in the store. Sure beats coming back.

Jim Koepke
03-28-2016, 2:38 AM
I check prices on my phone while in the store. Sure beats coming back.

How long does it take for a will call order to be processed? I'm wondering if you can go look at an item, order on line, go pay and be gone in a reasonable amount of time.

jtk

Brian Henderson
03-28-2016, 2:23 PM
How long does it take for a will call order to be processed? I'm wondering if you can go look at an item, order on line, go pay and be gone in a reasonable amount of time.

Depends on what you consider reasonable. Some stores tell you it takes up to 4 hours for your order to become available. Do you want to stand in a store for 4 hours waiting? The only time I ever ordered something while standing in the store, it took an hour and only because I was constantly on the clerk whether it was there or not.