PDA

View Full Version : 25" Sheng-Shing wide belt sander

Ian Funk
03-25-2016, 4:09 PM
I'm at the point to were I'm going to need a wide belt sander. I thought about going with a drum sander but after working with a wide belt sander at my old job I think its the way to go. Right now I'm looking at a sheng-Shing wide belt sander being sold from a guy on craigslist, I got him down to $2000. Does this sound like a reasonable deal and does anybody have any experience with this brand of sander? thanks :rolleyes:

David Kumm
03-25-2016, 5:01 PM
Combination or platen only head? Electric eye or pneumatic tracking? Condition of drum, primarily if rubber, and the conveyor belt are a big deal. Expensive to replace either. Dave

Erik Loza
03-25-2016, 5:29 PM
No firsthand knowledge of that particular brand, OP, but to Dave's point, the two machines I hear the most nightmare stories about on the used market or edgebanders and widebelts. In other words, "by the time the parts guys got through with them"... I would do a lot of research before investing any amount of money in a used widebelt, regardless of how great a deal one might appear to be. Not sure if this is an option for you or not but many of my customers have found it easier to simply source out the their needs to a local shop that has a widebelt. Perhaps ome food for thought. Best of luck in your search.

Erik

Kevin Jenness
03-25-2016, 8:58 PM
http://www.sander.com.tw/en/index.html

You can't go wrong with a manufacturer whose motto is "Polishing to shining the life".