PDA

View Full Version : Any Turners close to Myrtle Beach, SC

Brian McInturff
09-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi guys(and Gals), Looking to see if there are any turners living close enough to Myrtle Beach, SC that I might be able to drop in on and be taught a thing or 2. I'm new(technically) to wood turning. Have tried turning a few things on a shopsmith but finally broke down and bought Andy Hoyts Oneway. Figured I might as well jump in with both feet. I'm looking at driving down to Charleston for one of the AAW chapter meetings but that's over 100 miles each way. They are the closest chapter to me. Thanks for any and all encouragements!! Brian

Von Bickley
09-15-2005, 1:13 PM
Brian,
I don't know of any woodturners in Myrtle Beach but there is a woodturners club that meets once a month in Columbia. I know that would be about 2.5 hours from you, but they say it's a real good club. I don't know personally....

The Columbia group meets on the 1st. Saturday of each month at Mann Tools.

Palmetto Woodturners Club.

You can probably get more information at Mann's website... I think it is manntools.com

You may be able to find something in the Florence area... Don't know...

Brian McInturff
09-15-2005, 2:18 PM
Thanks Von,

I've checked out the Columbia chapters website and would love to go but with the cost of gas these days it's just a little to far right now. I've not found anything in Florence either. If I could find enough people in this area we could start a chapter for the Grandstrand area. I even thought about Wilmington, NC but that still puts me at almost 100 miles from my house. If only I lived where I grew up I'd be going to Arrowmont. Thanks, Brian