PDA

View Full Version : Chinese laser engraver 700mm X 500mm with RDWorks 8.0

Sammy Dortch
03-24-2016, 9:35 AM
Hello! I'm needing help with my chinese laser machine. I have two rotary devices that work great with the machine but as soon as I power down and unplug the rotary machine and plug up my Y axis back to the machine my Y axis will only travel 50mm instead off the 500mm. The machine shows on its screen that the Y axis has traveled 500mm but it is lying to me. I cant get any help anywhere, please someone give me some advise please. I have left the machine unpluged for two days maybe hoping it will forget, but thats not my luck. I have uninstalled RDWorks 8.0 and reinstalled, nothing works.

Thanks to all that reply!
Sam

Keith Winter
03-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Try reading the manual that came with your laser or contacting the person you bought it from. It's likely you've accidentally flipped a switch or changed a setting on the laser while you were using the rotary. Your manufacturer will be the best source of how to fix this. You can also work backwards from the steps you used to do the rotary and find the change that way, or try searching the forums on here and cnc forum.

Sammy Dortch
03-24-2016, 10:59 AM
I've been through the manuals many times. Thank you very much! At least I'm gettting feedback.

Bert Kemp
03-24-2016, 11:26 AM
I've been through the manuals many times. Thank you very much! At least I'm gettting feedback.

Don't know much about your machine but maybe using datum after you unplug rotary or move the
gantry and laser head to the home position by hand before you plug it back in.

Jerome Stanek
03-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Open the vendor settings and see what your Y settings are they should be the same as the X I would save a copy of them and then change the settings and write to the laser

Sammy Dortch
03-24-2016, 12:18 PM
I did notice my Y is different. Ill try this and let you know.
Thank you Jerome

Sammy Dortch
03-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Thank You Jerome! I'm back in business! :)

Sammy Dortch
03-24-2016, 12:37 PM
It did work but now I got 250mm of travel out of the Y axis being the same as the X. Only need 250mm more and ill be there.