PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Seasonal Work?

Jim Koepke
03-24-2016, 12:17 AM
A friend I haven't yet met posted this on another forum:

Wanted: An unkempt hermit with a bushy beard who can navigate the dense forests of the Granite State while chasing after and shouting at locomotives packed with unsuspecting passengers.

A working knowledge of vintage dirt track race cars, used to pursue the trains, and a valid driver’s license are also a must.

Smelling bad? That’s optional.

If you think you’ve got what it takes, [ http://www.clarkstradingpost.com/pdf/CTP_Wolfman_Wanted.pdf ]you could be the next “Wolfman” at Clark's Trading Post.
The family-friendly theme park in Lincoln, N.H., put a call out this month for a person to take over the role of the “Wolfman,” a character that has been used at Clark's for decades to add an element of excitement to the company’s 2 1/2-mile steam-powered train tours.

Clark's will hold open auditions for the role on April 9, and anyone with acting chops and the right amount of facial hair is welcome to try out, said Anne Clark Englert, one of the park’s owners.

“A good Wolfman needs to be scruffy and unkempt on the outside, but also outgoing on the inside,” said Englert. “Even though the Wolfman does a lot of yelling as the trains go by, they need to be able to read the crowd so that they aren’t scaring the little ones too badly.”

The job is full-time. The next Wolfman, Englert said, would need to work five days a week, and be willing and able to scare off visitors aboard the steam-powered trains at least six times per day. The position would run from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day, she said. The last Wolfman held the position for seven seasons.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/03/22/wanted-new-wolfman-theme-park-seeks-new-crazy-hermit-and-full-time-job/tvy38JXg7ZD6nb0271I2jJ/story.html

jtk

Bert Kemp
03-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Been their many times the wolfmans a hoot :D The Bear show is pretty good also

Brian W Smith
03-26-2016, 7:27 AM
Thanks for the heads-up.Wifey and I ride around on old trains,well around here.Sounds like a fun job.