PDA

View Full Version : Katrina

Jimmy Walker
09-15-2005, 7:21 AM
Hi guys been a while since I posted last. Soon as I figure the pic thing out I'll post some of our damage.:(

5 trees on the house and carport and well let's just say a 28in dia 70 ft tall pine did my shop a total remodel job... :mad: lost the jointer, router table and not sure about the TS yet.

Must have built a good bench though, it kept the tree from going to the floor.

Will keep ya up to date and try to post some pics.

Jimmy

Carl Eyman
09-15-2005, 7:34 AM
Sorry to hear of your damage. Can you mill that tree into lumber?

John Miliunas
09-15-2005, 8:04 AM
JImmy, my heart sincerely goes out to you. That must be devastating and truly a test of your inner strength. That notwithstanding, you're here to tell us about it and that's a good thing!:) Keep us posted on your clean-up and remodel. Best of luck and my prayers are with you.:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
09-15-2005, 8:34 AM
Jimmy, I am sorry to hear of your losses! I sure hope that your family and friends are safe and sound. If they are, you are truely blessed.

Good luck on re-building, I am sure you will do great at it.

Great job on the bench! Not many can say that their bench stood up to a 70 foot pine and won!

Jim Hager
09-15-2005, 8:47 AM
Good to begin to see some of you affected by the storm able to post again!! I sure feel for you guys down there where all the damage was. Good luck getting that tree out of the shop.

Karl Laustrup
09-15-2005, 9:48 AM
Jimmy, glad you are all right. :)

I can't even imagine what it must be like. :confused:

I would definately look into using those downed trees to build something. At least then you could have something good from all the devestation. :)

Karl

Don Baer
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Jimmey,
The house and shop can be rebuilt, at least you and yours are still with us.My prayers goes out to all of those effected.

Jim Becker
09-15-2005, 5:04 PM
The shop and house and all that stuff can be replaced. 'Glad you're safe...that is what counts the most.

Dennis Peacock
09-15-2005, 5:43 PM
Jimmy,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep us posted and holler if you need anything and we'll do what we can.

Jerry Clark
09-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Yes the repairs can be made and maybe better than new-- but the time and hassle to rebuilding is stressful-- I feel for you and family- Glad you are OK.:D

Vaughn McMillan
09-16-2005, 6:08 AM
Jimmy, sorry to see you had losses, and glad to see it was no worse than it was. Whatever construction method you used on your bench, maybe you should use the same thing for the shop when you rebuild it. (Built out of a 70' chunk of pine, of course.) As Jim Hager mentioned, it's good to see Creekers from the affected areas getting back in touch with the rest of us. Thanks for letting us know.

- Vaughn

Dan Gill
09-16-2005, 7:50 AM
Sorry about your loss. You and all the victims of this storm are in the nation's thoughts and prayers. I'm very glad you and yours are safe.