PDA

View Full Version : New SawStop PCS 3 HP

Gregory Carles
03-21-2016, 8:34 PM
Got the new SawStop today by UPS freight. So excited. I was seriously looking at the Grizzly saws but figured to spend the extra money now instead of later. I have only been here a few days but already I have seen a lot of good information on this site.
The UPS guy wheeled the pallet into my garage from the street using his pallet jack lift in about 1 minute. I could not believe when I picked up the rail package, I was shocked at how very heavy it was. Wish me luck getting this thing into my basement workshop.
Also got a mobile base coming as a promotion from SawStop if you purchase a new saw between now and April 30th you get your choice of a mobile base of over arm dust collecor.

scott spencer
03-21-2016, 9:11 PM
Congrats on the new saw. Nice move getting the T-Glide fence. Enjoy!

Tim Janssen
03-21-2016, 10:01 PM
You may not have the choice but if you do, get the industrial base. On it all 4 casters swivel so you can turn the saw "on a dime".
You'll love the saw. I've had mine for almost 6 years now and have never regretted spending a little more to get the SawStop.
Congratulations,

Tim

Harvey Miller
03-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Wish me luck getting this thing into my basement workshop.

Congrats!
I was able to move mine into the basement by breaking open the main box and moving it down piece by piece with an rented appliance dolly. (Just check the alignment afterwards).

Ben Rivel
03-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Congrats! good choice over the grizzly, you wont regret that! Enjoy!

Brian Tymchak
03-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Nice! Congrats! And welcome to the Creek. Where in OH-IO are you located?

Izzy Camire
03-22-2016, 4:16 PM
Congrats you're going to love that saw.

Gregory Carles
03-22-2016, 6:05 PM
Well the sawstop made it to the basement today. I was very nervous but it went OK with the help of my friendly neighbor.

Gregory Carles
03-22-2016, 6:08 PM
You may not have the choice but if you do, get the industrial base. On it all 4 casters swivel so you can turn the saw "on a dime".
You'll love the saw. I've had mine for almost 6 years now and have never regretted spending a little more to get the SawStop.
Congratulations,

Tim
Hi Tim, unfortunately the promotion is for the regular mobile base not the industrial version, but it was free so I am happy

Gregory Carles
03-22-2016, 6:09 PM
Nice! Congrats! And welcome to the Creek. Where in OH-IO are you located?

I live in northwest Ohio in a little town called Kenton.

Ben Rivel
03-22-2016, 6:09 PM
Hi Tim, unfortunately the promotion is for the regular mobile base not the industrial version, but it was free so I am happy
I have heard that Lee Valley will give you store credit toward the ICS mobile base during the SawStop free promotions if you dont want the integrated mobile base or overarm dust collector.

Gregory Carles
03-22-2016, 6:53 PM
I am getting ready to run the new feed for my sawstop , where can one find the outlet that you need to plug the saw stop into (Nema 6-15P) I looked at ACE hardware and Home Depot on line and can not find that type of 220 V outlet.

Frank Pratt
03-22-2016, 6:58 PM

I got mine last year with the same promo from Lee Valley. They agreed to take back the PCS base & give me full credit toward the ICS. It seems like a lot of money, but is sweet. So easy to move. My garage floor has a slope of only 3" over 26', but when I engage the base, it will roll down towards the door all by itself.

Mike Nguyen
03-22-2016, 7:37 PM
This is what I got for my SawStop from HD
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-20-Amp-Single-Outlet-Light-Almond-R56-05821-0TS/202066679

Gregory Carles
03-22-2016, 7:51 PM
Thanks Mike, I noticed that one slot is like a "T" and not like what is in the owners manual with 2 horizontal slots.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-22-2016, 9:10 PM
Gregory....I suspect that horizontal part of the "T" will match up fine with your plug.

Kyle Iwamoto
03-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Congrats! I'm sure you'll love the saw. Every time I turn mine on, it makes me smile. I have the industrial base. love that too. If you can arrange for the swap, it's worth it..

Kevin Womer
03-23-2016, 7:16 AM
Gregory,
You are going to love that saw, I have the same model. It's always great to hear about another Buckeye on the forum!

Gregory Carles
03-23-2016, 5:53 PM
Yes,
I picked up a 240 V outlet at Home Depot today and tried on the plug and it works fine.

Thanks Greg

glenn bradley
03-23-2016, 6:58 PM
This is really the only machine that was literally a pleasure to unpack. The directions walk you through it and the packing material becomes supports as you go. Very clever.

Gregory Carles
03-23-2016, 7:17 PM
I spent a lot of time on the internet looking at different saws. I went to the wood working show in Columbus, OH and looked at the different saws on display there. I was looking hard at Grizzly due to the price. But in the end I thought this is just stupid waste of my time, get the saw that has raving reviews, pay the extra money and be happy in the end. I saved and saved then the wife said " What are you waiting for?" Then at just the right time I saw the promotional mobile base and that tipped the scales at that very moment and the saw got ordered.

Gregory Carles
03-23-2016, 7:21 PM
This is really the only machine that was literally a pleasure to unpack. The directions walk you through it and the packing material becomes supports as you go. Very clever.

I agree, it was a pleasure to unpack the carton and see all the goodies that came with it. Now my wife has a list of projects for me to get started on and the saw isn't even put together yet.

Ben Rivel
03-23-2016, 8:00 PM
Now my wife has a list of projects for me to get started on and the saw isn't even put together yet.
Ha yep, thatll happen!

Gregory Carles
04-01-2016, 8:43 PM
Finalized the assembly and got all the adjustments done - now ready to make some saw dust.

Frankie Hunt
04-01-2016, 9:15 PM
Looks great!

Clay Fails
04-02-2016, 3:57 AM
Great choice of saw; you will love it! When I purchased my SS some years back I was also looking at the Delta and PM models. Ended up with the SS not so much for the safety feature as for the overall quality, fit, finish, beefiness. It really is a nice table saw, and the safety feature is just a bonus for me. If you have any issues give a shout out; the SS community is large, and collectively there is a lot of knowledge here. Good luck!

Gregory Carles
04-09-2016, 7:44 PM
I got my new out feed table done for my saw stop. I can rip up to 8' long boards, and can rip up to 36" wide sheet goods.
I also added a work cabinet with 6 drawers that is on casters and slides under my extension wing.

Gary Cunningham
04-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Nice. I paid a nephew to help me & the son to get mine in place.