PDA

View Full Version : Engrave from bottom to top in Laserworks/RDCAM?

John Noell
03-20-2016, 10:59 PM
I am using Laserworks 6 (at least that's what the exe is named, although the "About" in the Help menu says RDCAM).
I want to engrave from the bottom up. I have accidentally done it in the past but don't know what caused it to do it, and cannot get it to do now that I want it. I's appreciate some guidance.

Bert Kemp
03-21-2016, 10:50 AM
maybe a screen shot of the laserworks screen , maybe something is checked or unchecked that would make it do it or not.

Keith Winter
03-21-2016, 11:32 AM
John what happens if you change the origin to the bottom left in the options? Does that cause it to engrave bottom up?

Jerome Stanek
03-21-2016, 1:14 PM
Try the cut optimizer on my screen it is 3 little green squares at the top or listed in the handle drop down. There is a DIR drop down on the right that lets you choose

Bill Carruthers
03-21-2016, 2:44 PM
I am using Laserworks 6 (at least that's what the exe is named, although the "About" in the Help menu says RDCAM).
I want to engrave from the bottom up. I have accidentally done it in the past but don't know what caused it to do it, and cannot get it to do now that I want it. I's appreciate some guidance.
Hi John - Just go to Config at the top bar - Click System settings - then put the Laser head where ever you want it in relation to the work piece - if you choose Bottom (either left,right or centre) it will laser from that point up. Just remember to shift it back when your doing another job as it will default to that position till you do so.
Cheers

Jerome Stanek
03-21-2016, 4:21 PM
Hi John - Just go to Config at the top bar - Click System settings - then put the Laser head where ever you want it in relation to the work piece - if you choose Bottom (either left,right or centre) it will laser from that point up. Just remember to shift it back when your doing another job as it will default to that position till you do so.
Cheers

On my laser if I do that it still engraves from the start point down.

Bill Carruthers
03-21-2016, 5:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;2544703]On my laser if I do that it still engraves from the start point down.[/QUOTE
Hi Jerome maybe this pic will help - If you set the head as
shown - then locate the piece above the head there can be nothing below to laser on, and it will go from the bottom up- at least mine does:rolleyes:

Bill George
03-21-2016, 6:02 PM
[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;2544703]On my laser if I do that it still engraves from the start point down.[/QUOTE
Hi Jerome maybe this pic will help - If you set the head as
shown - then locate the piece above the head there can be nothing below to laser on, and it will go from the bottom up- at least mine does:rolleyes:
I think that just sets where you want to Zero or put as Origin of your laser head, ( I always place mine at the Top Left) the Reverse Scan might be the one you want so it starts top to bottom or bottom to top which ever the case may be. A lot of instructions call the action of the laser as scanning.

John Noell
03-21-2016, 7:38 PM
Thanks guys! Bill Carruthers's solution is the one (and only) that works for me. Now I understand how I accidentally did it before. Had a job where I needed to set the head to center-center. Any choice of origin in the middle or bottom row causes it to start at the bottom and "scan" up. The help is much appreciated!!

(I am just getting going again after cyclone Winston. We were without electricity for two days short of a month. Harder hit areas will be waiting at least another month or two. The damage is simply mind-boggling. At least 25 yachts in the bay either sank or were blown up onto land. Many houses were leveled. Although about 50 people died, none were in my part of Fiji.)