PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Dust Deputy - Do you like yours?

Mike Heidrick
03-20-2016, 8:56 PM
For owners of the Ultimate Dust Deputy, are you guys still happy with it? I have a CT22 and the boom so wanting to add the UDD to that setup. Any opinions on just that setup? Not really looking for opinions of green koolaid or their vac or their boom LOL - that damage is done and forgotten :) It has been a pretty fortunate month of Longworth chuck sales so thinking of spending some profits on that UDD.

Matthew Hills
03-21-2016, 12:11 AM
It is nice to have the separation.
Cons: the connection between separator and vacuum tends to come loose occasionally when moving it around the shop.
Also, the separator does add to the height of the vac quite a bit, so not great if you want to tuck this under (anything).

Matt

Jack Lemley
03-21-2016, 9:12 AM
I have had my UDD for 5 years or so and love it! My CT22 it sits on doesn't travel more than a couple of feet a year though so mobility is not an issue for me. It also has the boom arm on it.

Jack

Jeff Monson
03-21-2016, 9:43 AM
Short answer yes, thrilled!! Beats buying expensive bags for the CT

Chris Padilla
03-21-2016, 7:02 PM
I have an older "we don't make bags for 'em anymore" CT-11e for my F vacuum so this little baby was a bit of a necessity unless I wanted to get into the vacuum bag making business. No more bags to worry about...and this holds more dust anyway so I can go longer between emptying. Worth it in my book. Bad if you like stacking systainers on top of your vacuum, however.

Mike Heidrick
03-21-2016, 8:12 PM
Got my order placed for it. Looking forward to it.

Ben Rivel
03-14-2017, 12:11 AM
Bumping an old thread on the UDD as I wasnt sure where else to put this. FestoolProducts.com is having a sale on the Ultimate Dust Deputy right now for $40 off with free shipping and no tax for most bringing it to the lowest price Ive ever seen the latest version to $209. LINK (http://www.festoolproducts.com/oneida-axd000009-ultimate-festool-dust-deputy.html)

Mike Chalmers
03-14-2017, 6:14 PM
Even on sale I find the price ridiculous. Considering that a bare DD with a standard 5 gallon bucket is well below $100, what can justify that price? Is it just more green koolaid?

david mcintyre
03-14-2017, 6:36 PM
You've got to be kidding me... I literally just bought a UDD from the ToolNut 2 days ago for $249. That's just the way things go for me...
Dave.