PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Raster engraving

Alan Young
03-20-2016, 5:24 PM
I am having trouble engraving a solid fill or for the most part anything. Problem started after having the laser tube rebuilt. I believe I have it aligned. I am using Corel Draw X7 and it is just a solid black fill. I can move the image to a new location on the table and get similar results. I have added a photo, the top image is at the upper left corner of the table, the bottom image is about was done about 7 inches down from the first one. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Bill Wazny
03-21-2016, 7:57 PM
looks to me like your laser is not always firing. Are you near the bottom of your power settings? (below 20%) try increasing the power setting a couple of % at a time and see if that helps. If that cures it, you may need to do a current check on the laser. It my be that your power supply is failing.

Bert Kemp
03-21-2016, 9:50 PM
30 watt laser I'd be guessing you need about 60% power and maybe 300 mmps check you alignment again, changing position on the table and getting a different result would indicate alignment, not level table, Tube not level with the first mirror. Check those things.

Alan Young
03-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Thanks, what is the best way to check the tube level with the first mirror. I aligned the red dot with the tube at about 6 feet out but then adjusted the mirrors after that.

Uma Duffy
03-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi Alan,
Looks like the results when trying to engrave rotary stock plastic, you can get wicked nasty problems if you try to laser it. On the other hand looks like your close to what you want, how many passes did you try?

Alan Young
03-22-2016, 10:45 PM
That was on anodized aluminum. Just one pass 50% speed 80 power. This was the first time I have tried to align the laser. I am close but could be off. My other thought was a problem with the file. I am using Corel X7 and I think I have all the color management turned off.

Bert Kemp
03-22-2016, 10:52 PM
I still think its an alignment problem, or maybe banding really hard to tell

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Does the same thing happen when you try to engrave a solid rectangle instead of the words/graphic? Reading your note above, it seems like you are receiving the same results on the same graphic, even when you move it to different locations.