PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting spammed by some idiot Larry Kirk @ amazing woodworking plans

Brian Ashton
03-20-2016, 3:58 AM
I keep getting emails from this idiot peddling rubbish woodworking plans. Any ideas how he's stolen the email address he's spamming?

I block the address and he ends up getting through again and again

Chuck Wintle
03-20-2016, 4:42 AM
i got one of those emails yesterday but so far just the one. i marked it as junk so future emails will be deleted automatically(hopefully).

Brian Ashton
03-20-2016, 4:46 AM
I'm thinking it's time to fight back. I found a little program that will allow me to hammer their inbox with thousands of emails - each with unique return addresses! I think I'll attach a 2meg file to each one as well.

Matt Day
03-20-2016, 7:39 AM
I've been getting, what I consider, spam emails from him too. Annoying.

Jerry Thompson
03-20-2016, 8:24 AM
Brian, would you care to pass along that "Little Program?"

Al Launier
03-20-2016, 9:09 AM
I've been getting them about once a week for the past month or so. I designated it as junk, blocked the domain & unsubscribed it, but it's like an Everready battery - it just keeps on coming.

I would love to find a way to prevent receiving these emails, but how?

James Tibbetts
03-20-2016, 9:14 AM
I just got another one today. I'm in for hitting back ! Send me the program if you can Brian.

James Tibbetts
03-20-2016, 9:17 AM
It mentions Google groups; the only thing I'm aware of that associates me with google and woodworking is Sketchup. I'm guessing that's where they got my email address.

Roger Feeley
03-20-2016, 10:05 AM
This stuff seems to move in waves. Right now, I'm seeing a lot of those ww plan spams along with Costco and Amazon 'Rewards' nonsense.

I still like Bill Gates solution. Every email costs some miniscule amount of money to send. Say, 1/100th of a cent. The fee is just enough to cover the cost of assessing the fee and exchanging money between ISPs. The fee wouldn't even be noticed by the home user because we would all get 1000 emails a month for free. But the spammers depend on getting one sucker per tens of millions emails. It would cost them thousands to reel in one sucker.

Gates also accounted for legitimate businesses who must send many emails. He made two points:
-- If the email isn't worth 1/100th of a cent to contact you, it isn't worth it.
-- Users would be able to white-list businesses or individuals that would then not be charged.

Please note that my numbers are just for example purposes. The idea would be to find a sweet spot between bankrupting the spammers and causing the average user pain.

John McClanahan
03-20-2016, 12:17 PM
The small charge for sending an e-mail doesn't sound bad, but what about all of the proxy e-mails? Would the spam-bot computers get billed too? Might be a way to get everyone to keep their computers cleaned of malware when the owner gets a bill for many more e-mails than they sent.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2016, 1:30 PM
I don't know where he got my email address but at the bottom it tells what you have to do to unsubscribe. I did it last night. I'll let you know if it works.

Mike Henderson
03-20-2016, 2:26 PM
I don't know where he got my email address but at the bottom it tells what you have to do to unsubscribe. I did it last night. I'll let you know if it works.
My recommendation is never to "unsubscribe" from obvious spam. All you're doing is validating your email address. The "unsubscribed" email addresses are then sold as guaranteed valid addresses.

The people who send out that spam have no interest in limiting who they send email out to. And it would cost them some money to cull their address lists of people who have "unsubscribed". Put yourself in their place and think only of your economic interest - Now, what would you do? That's what they'll do.

Mike

[It's okay to unsubscribe from name companies, such as Lands End, Orvis, etc. They will honor your unsubscribe request.]

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2016, 2:36 PM
Since it says you are subscribed to a Google group, I would hope it's not a scam to get email addresses. Google could loose a lot of users if they would allow this to happen.

I wonder how I got "subscribed" to this user group as I never did it myself. I can't help but wonder if Google did it for me?

Myk Rian
03-20-2016, 3:21 PM
This was already discussed here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?241712-emails-from-unknown-senders
DON'T do that.

Malcolm Schweizer
03-20-2016, 3:31 PM
Deleted by me.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2016, 4:02 PM
This was already discussed here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?241712-emails-from-unknown-senders
DON'T do that.

Myk,

This is the 1st time I ever sent an "unsubscribe" email to any organization other than using the Unsubscribe buttons on businesses like Hilton Inns, Holiday Inn, etc.

The question is how did my email address end up on Google group without my knowledge or consent.

Paul Follett
03-20-2016, 7:38 PM
AAs far as I can tell there is no Google group it is just a facade that the spammed uses to make it seem legit.

Dan Hintz
03-21-2016, 6:06 AM
My recommendation is never to "unsubscribe" from obvious spam. All you're doing is validating your email address. The "unsubscribed" email addresses are then sold as guaranteed valid addresses.

The people who send out that spam have no interest in limiting who they send email out to. And it would cost them some money to cull their address lists of people who have "unsubscribed". Put yourself in their place and think only of your economic interest - Now, what would you do? That's what they'll do.

Mike

[It's okay to unsubscribe from name companies, such as Lands End, Orvis, etc. They will honor your unsubscribe request.]

This ^^^^ all of this ^^^^.

Very little about spam email is valid... the "group" you are supposedly a part of, the privacy notice attached at the bottom, the physical address listed for the business, etc. Two things, and two things only are going to be valid (and not in a good way)... the link to the "product", and the "unsubscribe" link. Click on either and you just set yourself up for a boatload of more spam.

Curt Harms
03-21-2016, 8:19 AM
Larry had the honor of being the subject of my first Thunderbird email filter entry. His efforts go straight to 'delete'.

Roger Feeley
03-21-2016, 4:07 PM
I wouldn't know for sure. But I would guess that you could put an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly cap on sent emails.

Hmmm... That's not a bad idea. You go into your email account and set the caps and you get an email from your ISP if you hit a cap. That email would have to include some sort of validation involving an image like Captcha to prove that you are human. Generally, hitting a cap would tell you that you have a bot infection and you need to find it. Such a thing would also make it less worthwhile for the guys creating the trojans. If they have to go to a lot of trouble to infect your machine only to get 50 emails out of the deal, they would have to infect a great many machines to generate the millions of emails they need to be successful.

Dan Hintz
03-21-2016, 5:28 PM
I wouldn't know for sure. But I would guess that you could put an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly cap on sent emails.

Hmmm... That's not a bad idea. You go into your email account and set the caps and you get an email from your ISP if you hit a cap. That email would have to include some sort of validation involving an image like Captcha to prove that you are human. Generally, hitting a cap would tell you that you have a bot infection and you need to find it. Such a thing would also make it less worthwhile for the guys creating the trojans. If they have to go to a lot of trouble to infect your machine only to get 50 emails out of the deal, they would have to infect a great many machines to generate the millions of emails they need to be successful.

The emails aren't generally being sent from your personal machine, they're being sent by a server... and the folks running servers are watchful of where their bandwidth is going.

Mike Henderson
03-21-2016, 6:21 PM
This ^^^^ all of this ^^^^.

Very little about spam email is valid... the "group" you are supposedly a part of, the privacy notice attached at the bottom, the physical address listed for the business, etc. Two things, and two things only are going to be valid (and not in a good way)... the link to the "product", and the "unsubscribe" link. Click on either and you just set yourself up for a boatload of more spam.
I'll just add to Dan's comment: Sometimes the "unsubscribe" link will take you to a "blackmail" page, where it tells you that your data has been encrypted and if you want to be able to access it again, call this number. They will then ask you for your credit card number - which they will charge for the blackmail, but then they'll sell your credit card info.

Usually, the blackmail web page will be set up so you can't close it - you try to "X" it out and it doesn't work. You try to shut down your browser and you can't. Just power down your computer and when you start it up again, close the web page before it can load again. They haven't encrypted your data.

Mike

[I know people who gave their credit card to these people - they don't give you the code to close out the web page right away - they delay sending it so they can use your card somewhere. I also got a "blackmail" page one time and shut down my computer and all was fine.]

Michael Weber
03-21-2016, 6:40 PM
I haven't heard from Larry, so I'm feeling left out:(

Chris Padilla
03-21-2016, 7:10 PM
Ah, Larry old buddy.... Had one visit, took the appropriate measures, bye bye Larry. :)

Brian Ashton
03-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Had a couple people ask about the spam program I mentioned. It doesn't work with windows 10 and I'm not sure if the developer is still in operation. For your interest though it was called spamitback.

Brian Ashton
03-22-2016, 12:16 AM
I'll just add to Dan's comment: Sometimes the "unsubscribe" link will take you to a "blackmail" page, where it tells you that your data has been encrypted and if you want to be able to access it again, call this number. They will then ask you for your credit card number - which they will charge for the blackmail, but then they'll sell your credit card info.

Usually, the blackmail web page will be set up so you can't close it - you try to "X" it out and it doesn't work. You try to shut down your browser and you can't. Just power down your computer and when you start it up again, close the web page before it can load again. They haven't encrypted your data.

Mike

[I know people who gave their credit card to these people - they don't give you the code to close out the web page right away - they delay sending it so they can use your card somewhere. I also got a "blackmail" page one time and shut down my computer and all was fine.]

No need to shut down. In windows just use the Ctl Alt Del keys and select task manager, click on the browser and then on end task. In mac click on the black apple logo in the top left. Select force quit option from the list, click on the browser and click force quit.

Dan Hintz
03-22-2016, 6:20 AM
No need to shut down. In windows just use the Ctl Alt Del keys and select task manager, click on the browser and then on end task. In mac click on the black apple logo in the top left. Select force quit option from the list, click on the browser and click force quit.

To add to that... if you force a shut down on FireFox, the next time you start it you're given the option to selectively enable/disable each of the previously open windows before they all open up. Deselect all of the spam and offending windows, then start as usual.

Mike Henderson
03-22-2016, 10:25 AM
You're right. I just didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Mike

ron david
03-22-2016, 7:07 PM
everyone on this thread getting it has something in common
ron

Myk Rian
03-22-2016, 8:07 PM
I'm thinking it's time to fight back. I found a little program that will allow me to hammer their inbox with thousands of emails - each with unique return addresses! I think I'll attach a 2meg file to each one as well.
2mb of text will work better. That way they'll get it without having to open an attachment. Maybe Pi to several million places.
Here it is to 10 million, but don't open it. It'll take a while for you to get it. pi.karmona.com/

Brian Ashton
03-23-2016, 1:55 AM
2mb of text will work better. That way they'll get it without having to open an attachment. Maybe Pi to several million places.
Here it is to 10 million, but don't open it. It'll take a while for you to get it. pi.karmona.com/

i like that. i sent the idiot about 100megs of pdfs the other day while watching a mindane show. ill try that on the next volley

Dan Hintz
03-23-2016, 6:26 AM

i like that. i sent the idiot about 100megs of pdfs the other day while watching a mindane show. ill try that on the next volley

This is unlikely to do much of anything. The inbox is guaranteed to be set up with a limit I use 10MB on my addresses known to get a lot of junk. Once the 10MB fills up, it simply disposes of all other incoming mail. The guy could have set it to 1kB for all it matters... he is not actually paying attention to any incoming mail.

All you are doing is racking up bandwidth on your own ISP account.

Scott Shepherd
03-23-2016, 7:59 AM

You do realize that makes you a spammer now, right?

Pat Barry
03-23-2016, 8:27 AM
Why encourage him by trying to annoy him? Maybe you need a better email client. What are you using? Are you reporting the trash as spam? What did you get into?

Myk Rian
03-23-2016, 11:33 AM
That doesn't concern me one bit.

Brian Ashton
03-23-2016, 10:28 PM
This is unlikely to do much of anything. The inbox is guaranteed to be set up with a limit I use 10MB on my addresses known to get a lot of junk. Once the 10MB fills up, it simply disposes of all other incoming mail. The guy could have set it to 1kB for all it matters... he is not actually paying attention to any incoming mail.

Then what I have done is effective in that if I fill his mailbox with 10megs of garbage, it then starts rejecting all other incoming mail. Scumbag kirk is trying to sell rubbish and the email is the only way to contact him. He's going to have to check it fairly regularly but will find it's full of the same sort of garbage he's selling.

Brian Ashton
03-23-2016, 10:33 PM

Actually it's not. He initiated the dialogue, which would mean he's inviting responses; which mine are in kind.

Scott Shepherd
03-24-2016, 7:55 AM
Actually it's not. He initiated the dialogue, which would mean he's inviting responses; which mine are in kind.

Actually, as far as your ISP is concerned, you are. It's a good way to get your own account blacklisted.

Brian Ashton
03-24-2016, 9:19 AM
Actually, as far as your ISP is concerned, you are. It's a good way to get your own account blacklisted.

Have you ever tried to complain let alone get someone on any isp blacklist. Good luck. No one cares.

Dan Hintz
03-24-2016, 9:21 AM

That doesn't concern me one bit.

I reordered these quotes a bit for effect. It's not a big deal for most... but if you decide to use this technique on a lot of spammers, your ISP WILL take notice.

Then what I have done is effective in that if I fill his mailbox with 10megs of garbage, it then starts rejecting all other incoming mail. Scumbag kirk is trying to sell rubbish and the email is the only way to contact him. He's going to have to check it fairly regularly but will find it's full of the same sort of garbage he's selling.

No. You've sent 10MB of junk to an account that was never designed to be useful in the first place. That account was likely filled with responses long before you ever got there. It never empties, and no one ever reads what comes into it. You have wasted your time and had zero effect on the spammer.

Bert Kemp
03-24-2016, 11:10 AM
I reordered these quotes a bit for effect. It's not a big deal for most... but if you decide to use this technique on a lot of spammers, your ISP WILL take notice.

No. You've sent 10MB of junk to an account that was never designed to be useful in the first place. That account was likely filled with responses long before you ever got there. It never empties, and no one ever reads what comes into it. You have wasted your time and had zero effect on the spammer.

One way to find out would be to send an email inquiring about the product and see if you get a response, then you would know if the mail gets to the inbox and if it gets read.

Myk Rian
03-24-2016, 6:01 PM
Reading the "How it works" would help to understand "How it works".
http://www.spamitback.com/

Some of the Features:

Ability to select which spammers to send a message to, and deliver in round-robin fashion
Ability to send multiple (yet unique) messages to the same spammer through simultaneous connections
Ensure your message is delivered by choosing what browser you wish to emulate.
Activate counter-detection measures to bypass any filters spammers may have deployed on their website. (Similar tactics spammers use to bypass your e-mail filters).
Send e-mail directly to spammers mailboxes when discovered. (Software uses a built-in SMTP server, which means you don't actually need an e-mail account to send mail to the spammer. It does not send e-mail through your account, but rather connects directly with the spammers mail server. Similar tactics they use to send out spam).
See the amount of data being transferred, number of packages sent, and more.
Ability to get automatic updates from within the software, plus submitting your score online.

Matt Day
03-27-2016, 8:01 PM
I just got a Google group invitation from this bozo. It came from a no-reply address. I tried to block the group or something but couldn't. Can we report the group as spam to google?

Myk Rian
03-27-2016, 9:31 PM
Sure. Can't hurt anything.

Scott Shepherd
03-28-2016, 8:03 AM
Or you could forward them to the ftc (as they request you to do) ......

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=280&Url=%23%26panel1-5#crnt

Brian Ashton
03-29-2016, 4:43 AM
I can confirm he reads mail from that inbox

Matt Day
03-29-2016, 7:18 AM
You got a response from him? Did you get off his spam lists? You should tell him about the 4 page thread of people hating on him.

I reported him to the ftc.

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
03-29-2016, 10:53 AM
Huh. This sounds like same bozo that keeps spamming me on Twitter.

Erik Loza
03-29-2016, 1:32 PM
It must be going around. Not necessarily this guy but I think it's all connected. I've been getting a ton of spam emails in my SCM Group account and their IT guy just sent out an email saying that the whole group has been bombarded recently by spammers.

Erik

Greg R Bradley
03-29-2016, 1:54 PM
You get a few SPAM emails and get upset. Here is a bit of reality with a 12 month report for a small business with 3 email addresses. Actually it is really for 2 as about 1% of that is for one of them. Note the 72K SPAM exceed the (mostly) valid emails and unsure emails combined. Also note the 435 virii.

You can see from the 83 messages that were on the Blacklist, that we feel that is a waste of time unless they are coming from semi-legitimate sources where you just don't want to see them.

Brian Ashton
03-30-2016, 1:24 AM
It's probably not his real name but he's a scumbag within our ranks (not sawmill creek but a woodworker none the less I suspect). What I'm really interested in, and the real point of this thread, is does anyone know him.

Matt Day
03-30-2016, 7:52 AM
We all know there are all kinds of SPAM emails out there, but being woodworkers a woodworking specific spam email really hits a nerve.

I think the conversation here should be limited to the one in question.

Pat Barry
03-30-2016, 7:52 AM
Hes probably some poor schmuck just trying to feed his kids by selling amazing woodworking plans Brian. Live and let live.

Mike Henderson
03-30-2016, 10:18 AM
Hes probably some poor schmuck just trying to feed his kids by selling amazing woodworking plans Brian. Live and let live.
I haven't looked at his plans but when I looked at previous similar offers, the plans were "stolen" from woodworking magazines and other copyrighted sources. I would think it would be a lot of work to produce that many "original" plans (meaning not stepping on someone's copyright).

If you did produce that many original plans, you'd surely want to be paid for them. I haven't looked into his "offer" but I doubt if you'd even send the spam unless there was a way to make money on it - whether it was original plans or stolen plans.

Mike

Jeffrey Stowell
03-30-2016, 3:04 PM
If you notice in "his" spammy emails, he lists his website. (I won't list it here, no sense generating traffic for a spammer.) However, on his "about" page they display this photo (screen grab by me):

However, I believe this image was stolen from a photography business in Seattle named Sash. The actual gentleman in the image is Dennis Bogue: http://sashphotography.com/dennis-bogue-small-business-headshots/

There is no Larry Kirk. (No surprise)

Pat Barry
03-30-2016, 7:16 PM
If you notice in "his" spammy emails, he lists his website. (I won't list it here, no sense generating traffic for a spammer.) However, on his "about" page they display this photo (screen grab by me):

However, I believe this image was stolen from a photography business in Seattle named Sash. The actual gentleman in the image is Dennis Bogue: http://sashphotography.com/dennis-bogue-small-business-headshots/

There is no Larry Kirk. (No surprise)
Of course Larry Kirk might be a pseudonym for Dennis Boque or maybe Dennis Boque is Larry Kirk's pseudonym?

Greg R Bradley
03-30-2016, 9:05 PM
It is a sad day in the history of the web that a nerd that lives in his mother's basement in the UK can steal a bunch of others plans, steal a picture of a woodworker off a photographer's website, create a website of complete BS (aren't they all?), fool a bunch of people that really should stay off the web, and get a few people all worked up over a few SPAM emails when 70% of the world's email traffic is SPAM.

Dave Arnett
03-31-2016, 9:04 AM
I get them 2-3 times a week. I simply delete them with all of the rest of the spam. No muss - No fuss!

I have better things to do than try to "get back at him".

Don Emmerling
03-31-2016, 11:24 AM
I too have been getting them. Have just been deleting them but do wonder how they are getting through.

Dennis Peacock
03-31-2016, 5:46 PM
Note: This thread is subject to closure. Please keep the discussion civil.

Brian Ashton
04-02-2016, 6:53 AM
I get them 2-3 times a week. I simply delete them with all of the rest of the spam. No muss - No fuss!

I have better things to do than try to "get back at him".

Maybe I take particular interest in this DB because he's the only spam I receive. Somehow this has lifted my email from somewhere and I'm taking it personally. What ever the case I'm going to inconvenience this as much as he irritates me.

John Fabre
04-04-2016, 9:32 AM
Been getting it here too, but I have it set up to go to my junk folder.

Mike Jaureguy
04-04-2016, 5:09 PM
After cleaning my desktop Mac in the usual, regular manner, I reset my homepage to SMC, about a week ago. Since then, after opening up, or logging-in(not sure which), I got, at some point, a message to update Adobe Flash, which I did- only to discover that it was an older update than that already installed. I deleted it, of course. Later I discovered that two apparently innocuous clean-up/anti-virus type programs had been also been installed; I also deleted them. Since then, each time I open up SMC, I get more stupid messages about viruses and cleanup, and find it hard, if not impossible to get to SMC. So,I've changed browsers ( I have three), to another for use with SMC, and will make it my home page on this browser instead. Not sure if this issue is specific to SMC website, or "my" homepage for browser( was Safari, now is Sea Monkey), or merely just what [page] happened to be up and open when I responded to that Adobe Flash alert. I should, in retrospect, have not responded to that alert, but instead have gone to the actual Adobe website and checked out the latest update status of their apps. Hope this isn't a problem for other SMC users. Kind Regards, divingfe/Mike Jaureguy
"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line; the longest is a "shortcut".

Rich Riddle
04-04-2016, 8:53 PM
He writes once or twice a week. I thought it was a remnant of Fine Woodworking. It goes straight to junk and junk is setup to delete after a few days.

Erik Loza
04-05-2016, 4:11 PM
Larry Kirk finally got me!

Erik

Brian Ashton
04-07-2016, 9:34 AM
it sounds more like you should use your time machine backup and restore to a point before the problems. that is if you use time machine.

Dick Strauss
04-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Erik,
Now you don't feel left out of the club;).

Erik Loza
04-07-2016, 1:16 PM
Erik,
Now you don't feel left out of the club;).

We should make T-shirts: "Larry Kirk Woodworking Team"

Have a contest to caption that and then do a group order for the tees.

Erik

ron david
04-10-2016, 8:57 PM
he has left me alone for about 3 weeks and he popped up again today. this is the 4 or 5th time
ron

Ken Fitzgerald
04-10-2016, 9:42 PM
Ron,

Same here. He left me alone for 2 weeks and yesterday...He's back!

Steve Clardy
04-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Ron,

Same here. He left me alone for 2 weeks and yesterday...He's back!

Yep. He's back. Gmail considers him spam though. I didn't have to mark him as spam.

Frederick Skelly
04-11-2016, 6:43 AM
We should make T-shirts: "Larry Kirk Woodworking Team"

Have a contest to caption that and then do a group order for the tees.

Erik

LOVE it! That would be too funny.
Be fun to charge a couple bucks extra and use the excess to put an ad for the tee shirts in FWW, Wood or PWW - just to watch the fun....:D:D:D

Have a good day guys!
Fred

Chris Padilla
04-11-2016, 3:38 PM
Yep. He's back. Gmail considers him spam though. I didn't have to mark him as spam.

Brother!!!!????

Steve Clardy
04-11-2016, 9:32 PM
Brother!!!!????

Yea!!!!!!! Whats up Bro?

Dennis Peacock
04-12-2016, 4:11 PM
Yea!!!!!!! Whats up Bro?

Clardy...!!!!!!!
Where you been??? You still got that lathe duplicator? :D

Steve Clardy
04-12-2016, 8:58 PM
Just working dude. Still have it.

David Dalzell
04-13-2016, 6:24 AM
I just got my third e-mail from him today. The first two I deleted without opening. Tis one I marked as spam. I hope that works. But from other posts I doubt it. We'll see.

Erik Loza
04-18-2016, 1:06 PM
According to Larry just now, "My woodworking project photos are published". Yay, me....

Erik

Rick Christopherson
04-18-2016, 7:51 PM
I'm sure this posting will fall on deaf ears or be quickly swept under the rug, but I strongly suggest that Keith check his "Control Panel Logs" under "Statistics and Logs" in the AdminCP to see who else besides himself gained access to his AdminCP.

Sawmill Creek is one of the common denominators to the number of people complaining about receiving these emails.

Randy Rizzo
04-18-2016, 8:26 PM
I'm sure this posting will fall on deaf ears or be quickly swept under the rug, but I strongly suggest that Keith check his "Control Panel Logs" under "Statistics and Logs" in the AdminCP to see who else besides himself gained access to his AdminCP.

Sawmill Creek is one of the common denominators to the number of people complaining about receiving these emails.

Same thing I thought, an "inside job". I get 2 or 3 a week from him. And strangely enough I didn't start getting them until I opened this thread, coincidence? When a minute there are no coincidences! At least Gmail has his mail going directly to junk.

David L Morse
04-18-2016, 9:33 PM

I've been following this thread and have received nothing from Larry Kirk. I really don't think SMC is the link.

Steve Clardy
04-18-2016, 9:34 PM
According to Larry just now, "My woodworking project photos are published". Yay, me....

Erik

Yea on the "YEY"......mine were published yesterday. :)

Rick Bailey
04-18-2016, 9:43 PM
Yep! at least twice a day.:confused:

Brian Ashton
04-19-2016, 2:15 AM
I've been following this thread and have received nothing from Larry Kirk. I really don't think SMC is the link.

I doubt it is either as the spam goes to an email address I don't use here.

Had a few minutes to procrastinate on assignments and followed a rabbit trail for larry... The guy is linked to a site called woodworking fan, which since I contacted them has become inactive. And I think that site is linked to someone in china or korea. But the site itself is hosted by godaddy... That's 10mins I wont be getting back, but a nice diversion from writing about maslow's theory

Dan Hintz
04-19-2016, 7:02 AM

There are plenty of common links, but SMC is hardly the biggest... it's just a noticeable link because we can all come and complain about it, so it appears common. Can't do that in a magazine you subscribe(d) to... like Wood, Fine Woodworking, etc. All of those companies sell their subscription list. They don't care who, as long as they have the money.

As Brian said, I get my Kirk emails at an address not known to this site, so...

Steve Clardy
04-23-2016, 11:55 PM
Larry's back today. Found him sleeping in my spam box

Ken Fitzgerald
04-24-2016, 12:32 PM
my free seesaw plans are waiting for downloading.

*PS: the plans format is PDF.

Steven Green
04-24-2016, 12:58 PM
For what it's worth. I signed in a few nights ago having not been on the creek for quite a while. Read this thread and went about my business, next day the spam started. I didn't go anywhere else online and here I am. Couldn't this guy be on here with one name and sending spam as Larry Kirk?

Eduard Nemirovsky
04-24-2016, 1:38 PM
I also got first e-mail from "Kirk" just two days ago. Never before. :mad: I hate spam.
Ed.

Bruce Page
04-24-2016, 1:47 PM
I haven't received anything from Larry. I feel slighted! :p

Myk Rian
04-24-2016, 2:58 PM
I haven't received anything from Larry. I feel slighted! :p
I get it all in my spam folder, but I'll be more than happy to forward it all to you. :D

Wade Lippman
04-26-2016, 9:27 AM

I got my first one; to a throw away Yahoo account. Yahoo routed it directly to the spam folder.

I presume that if you click on the attached plans you get a virus. I doubt he is hoping I will really want seesaw plans.

Brad Adams
04-28-2016, 10:59 AM
I got my first Larry Kirk e-mail today in my spam folder. I'm suspicious that it came from this site also. Never had any e-mails from him until I looked at this thread.

Pat Barry
04-28-2016, 12:40 PM
I got my first Larry Kirk e-mail today in my spam folder. I'm suspicious that it came from this site also. Never had any e-mails from him until I looked at this thread.
Well I doubt that because I've looked at this thread numerous times and commented a few times and Larry has never sent me anything. I think its more likely that you bought something woodworking related from someplace on-line including ebay / maybe amazon / maybe some woodworking magazine / etc. and you get connected to Larry that way.

Steve Clardy
04-28-2016, 3:38 PM
Maybe Larry doesn't like you Pat. :eek::D:D

Larry showed up again for breakfast at my place again. :mad:

Chris Padilla
04-28-2016, 5:11 PM
I received the one a few weeks back...nothing new since. I kind of miss conversing with ole Larry.... He must like some of you more than me. :(

Erik Loza
04-28-2016, 5:41 PM
I got another one yesterday. Plans for some project, due to "overwhelming demand".

I doubt this has anything to do with SMC. I have only gotten Larry Kirk emails through my SCM Group Gmail account, never my personal Gmail account.

Erik

george wilson
04-30-2016, 8:49 AM
I'D like that program TOO!!!! I have a Mac. Hope it works for a Mac.

Tony Zona
05-06-2016, 10:41 PM
So I guess we all despise this guy's business practices and his distasteful emailings.

So here you go. We hate this so bad that I just posted the 101st in the thread over six weeks and five days.

Ol' Larry couldn't buy this type of advertising here, and I just helped him out!

I think he owes a freebe for putting him over 100 posts.

ron david
05-06-2016, 11:14 PM
So I guess we all despise this guy's business practices and his distasteful emailings.

So here you go. We hate this so bad that I just posted the 101st in the thread over six weeks and five days.

Ol' Larry couldn't buy this type of advertising here, and I just helped him out!

I think he owes a freebe for putting him over 100 posts.
I doubt that he is advertising. I would be afraid to open attachment. by sounds of his latest email that he is into something
ron

Bruce Page
05-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Folks, this thread has run its course.