PDA

View Full Version : CO2 laser shut off and won't turn back on

daniel coyle
03-20-2016, 2:41 AM
I have been running a new Sinjoe 1290 laser for about 20 hours. It arrived a month ago and has worked well. Today I paused it in the middle of a job, turned off the power to the laser and left the machine on. When I returned to the job I turned the laser power switch back on and the machine shut down. I had done this before successfully several times. The breaker in the machine did not flip and the 220 power from the shop to the machine did not flip. Nothing will turn on (there is a switch for general power, power to the laser itself and a switch for turning on the lights in the machine). Any ideas?

Martin James
03-20-2016, 9:24 AM
Hi Daniel, maybe a wire has come lose.
On mine one of the stop switches had the power lead pull free in shipping. I found it by sticking my cel phone up in there and taking pictures of all the wires. I used a meter to check where i had power....

That took several days.

i do not recomend ever using the stop switches. If i have a problem while running, I open the door.

hope that helps. M

Bert Kemp
03-20-2016, 10:09 AM
I'm sure you've checked these all ready but the lid safety switch, I've had the magnet loosen up and drop , also I've accidentally pushed the emergency stop. Water flow sensor is another one to check.

daniel coyle
03-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Ok. Thanks. I will check for loose wires. there is no lid safety switch on this machine and there is no emergency stop switch, just the three power switches I alluded to before (general power, laser power and lights). It was when I turned the laser power back on again after leaving the machine paused and "on" in general power mode that it cut off and has not come back.

Kev Williams
03-20-2016, 2:22 PM
I though e-stop switches were 'mandatory' these days?

I had an issue with my IS7000 awhile back where the machine wouldn't come on thru the power-supply's pass-thru outlet. So I just plugged it in direct to the power strip that runs everything, all was well...

Found out from my NH rep that I'd pushed down the e-stop button, which shuts down thru the power supply (and wiring it direct bypassed the e-stop switch)

The e-stop on my Triumph shuts the whole machine down cold...

daniel coyle
03-20-2016, 4:17 PM
Kev - I think it is true that machines these days come with estop mandatory. I bought this machine from a company that hadn't sold before in the US and the machine seems not to have an e stop (as i imagine they are not mandatory in china)

Bill George
03-20-2016, 6:06 PM
Kev - I think it is true that machines these days come with estop mandatory. I bought this machine from a company that hadn't sold before in the US and the machine seems not to have an e stop (as i imagine they are not mandatory in china)

Wonder how it got through FDA Inspection? Anyway I would check for loose connections or a bad switch, my Chinese laser had terminals so loose I wonder how it ever worked as long as it did.

Rich Harman
03-20-2016, 7:23 PM
I though e-stop switches were 'mandatory' these days?

Mine has E-stops but they are not separate, dedicated switches. You turn them to turn on, press them to shut down. One for the laser power supply, one for the machine.

I wouldn't mind having a giant E-stop on top of the machine to slap in case of emergency though.

Bert Kemp
03-20-2016, 8:49 PM
are you in the USA

Ok. Thanks. I will check for loose wires. there is no lid safety switch on this machine and there is no emergency stop switch, just the three power switches I alluded to before (general power, laser power and lights). It was when I turned the laser power back on again after leaving the machine paused and "on" in general power mode that it cut off and has not come back.

Roy Sanders
03-21-2016, 7:06 AM
I wonder if you have any inline fuses. Seems that it may have a power surge type blown fuse, which caused you to check the breakers.