PDA

View Full Version : Finally, something decent from

Travis Stinson
09-14-2005, 8:28 PM
....all the mess around these parts. :cool: I've had my eye on this Pear for quite a while. A shame that it took a hurricane to be able to get it though. It's been tough driving by it the past couple weeks, with no time to do anything about it. This evening, it was pushed up to the roadside. "Oh no! The tree crews won't be getting this one!" ;)

Jim Becker
09-14-2005, 8:53 PM
Opportunity is everywhere, Travis...this is a good example. While a shame to lose the trees, someone like yourself can turn (!) them into lasting beauty. And what you can't use yourself could possibly benefit other turners in your area or elsewhere while you provide the service of helping clean up after the storm.

Joe Tonich
09-14-2005, 8:53 PM
SWEET!!
If pear turns like apple, that IS a good score. :D Heck, even if it doesn't.............;)

BTW, that saw looks too clean, Dude. Looks like ya need to work it a little more. :rolleyes: ;) :p

Joe

Travis Stinson
09-14-2005, 9:12 PM
Sadly Jim, this is the exception. :(
If you know anyone who likes to turn Loblolly Pine and Red Oak, I can provide truckloads!

And Joe, this end of the saw is SUPPOSED to be clean..... :D

Jim Ketron
09-14-2005, 9:45 PM
Nice score!
I grabbed a Nice piece at Dicks a while back and it turns Nice.

Robert Watsek
09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey Travis, Glad to see ya around the boards again. good news from your parts have been pretty scarce.

Nice score on the pear..........read your other post and happy to see some normalcy returning down your way. BTW nice job on that piece.:D

Bob up amongst the disappearing corn fields of Moro

Glenn Hodges
09-15-2005, 6:23 AM
I love to turn turn old fashion pear. We have a lot of local names for them around here, but the most common one is Bartlet Pear. You are lucky if this is some of this kind of pear. No matter the variety, I am so glad you have it rather than a fire or dump. Now we wait for pictures.

Mark Cothren
09-15-2005, 8:48 AM
Congrats on the wood save, Trav. Now just git'r done!

Are you coming to Terry's this weekend?