PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to General Tool

John Ziebron
03-18-2016, 11:57 PM
Last November my local orange box store had a promotion on the General model 823 10 inch digital angle finder. It was not a stocked item and had to be ordered for my pick up. This was not a big deal since I was still setting up my new shop and had no need for it at the time. I did put the battery in it to check it and then put it away.

A few days ago I went to use it for a project and the battery was dead, so I replaced it. When you put the battery in the unit it powers up but then turns off after 5 minutes of non use. There is a 0/On button to turn it on after that. But it didn't work on mine. So I went on their website where you can contact them via a form which includes a place to explain your reason for the contact. To my surprise I received an email from them less than 2 hours later.

The rep asked for my address so he could ship a replacement. 3 days later I received that replacement in the mail along with a new battery. I asked, and they didn't want the original unit back. So I'll take it apart and have a couple of nice 10 inch rulers to add to my collection. This is the best Customer Service I've received from any company that I can recall.

Dave Lehnert
03-19-2016, 12:19 AM
Where is the like button????????????

Tony Zona
03-19-2016, 9:39 AM
Bravo, General!