PDA

View Full Version : Lee valley Yankee push drill adapter

mark kosse
03-18-2016, 4:28 PM
Finally got one for my 131 push drill after years of forgetting to order it. I'm enjoying the heck out of it installing the electrical in the osb walls in the shop. I put a drill bit in for a pilot hole, cut in the box hole, run the wiring and switch to a Phillips bit to put in the outlet. Function and speed without overpowering like a drill does and no dead batteries to stop production. If you don't have one for your push drill your missing out.

breaks over, back to work...

Mike Henderson
03-18-2016, 7:58 PM
This (http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=57809&cat=1,43411,43417&ap=2)must be what you're talking about.

Mike

Jim Koepke
03-18-2016, 8:24 PM
Interesting, I have an adapter for my Yankee push drill, but it is so so my big driver can take the smaller bits.

One of those hex bit adapters could be useful.

jtk

Dave Lehnert
03-18-2016, 9:47 PM
Thanks for sharing.
I have passed up many Yankee Drills in antique shops because I was unsure if bits were still available.
Looks like this would be very useful.

Malcolm Schweizer
03-19-2016, 2:56 AM
Can you share a link? I cannot find it on their site. I may add it to my upcoming order.

Phil Mueller
03-19-2016, 8:43 AM
Malcolm, see Mike's post above...he has a link.

Nicholas Lawrence
03-19-2016, 8:50 AM
Be aware they are sized for the Yankee drivers, so they may not work with others (i.e. Millers Falls).

Malcolm Schweizer
03-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Mike's link does not show up when I view this thread. I am logged in. Tried android and iPhone.

Malcolm Schweizer
03-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Derp! I see it now. You have to click on "this"

Bill White
03-19-2016, 12:53 PM
I have one for my large Yankee. Works like a champ.
Bill

Jim Koepke
03-19-2016, 1:06 PM
Mike's link does not show up when I view this thread. I am logged in. Tried android and iPhone.

It is cleverly disguised as the word This in his post. The link is:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=57809&cat=1,43411,43417&ap=2

jtk

mark kosse
03-19-2016, 1:24 PM
Can you share a link? I cannot find it on their site. I may add it to my upcoming order.

I had to call them because I couldn't find it either. They couldn't either and had to send me to another cs person who found it.

The adapter took a tool that was basically useless and turned into a favorite.

Jim Koepke
03-19-2016, 1:28 PM
I had to call them because I couldn't find it either. They couldn't either and had to send me to another cs person who found it.

The adapter makes a tool that was basically useless and turned into a favorite.

It is a long arduous path. Have to click on screwdrivers, then screwdrivers & bits then it is on the second page at the bottom.

Sometimes web page designers do not put in enough links for search terms which would make it easier for us regular folks to spend our money.

jtk

Rob Lee
03-19-2016, 1:42 PM
Finally got one for my 131 push drill after years of forgetting to order it. I'm enjoying the heck out of it installing the electrical in the osb walls in the shop. I put a drill bit in for a pilot hole, cut in the box hole, run the wiring and switch to a Phillips bit to put in the outlet. Function and speed without overpowering like a drill does and no dead batteries to stop production. If you don't have one for your push drill your missing out.

breaks over, back to work...

Hi -

One of those really useful items that often get's lost in the website. Another is the hex driver (and socket driver) for braces...

Cheers -

Rob