PDA

View Full Version : Maple Dowels

Tim Boger
03-17-2016, 7:31 PM
I bought a dozen 2-3/4 X 26" Maple Dowels a while back and can't recall the source ... I seem to remember the price being 8-10 apiece shipped.

Any idea where I might more at a great price?

Thanks,
Tim

Reed Gray
03-17-2016, 8:58 PM
Well, I couldn't find an active link any more, but there used to be Gone Batty.net several years ago, and I think he is still going, but don't know.

robo hippy

Tim Boger
03-17-2016, 9:32 PM
Thanks for the lead, I'll search around.

Appreciate it.

Tim

Well, I couldn't find an active link any more, but there used to be Gone Batty.net several years ago, and I think he is still going, but don't know.

robo hippy

Paul Williams
03-17-2016, 9:50 PM
I found some maple and ash bat blanks at Rockler that were seconds for $9 last year. Our local Rockler has an area where they sell of returns and damaged goods so the deal may not be available at other locations.

Tim Boger
03-18-2016, 6:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Paul, I'll check with our local Rockler.

I found some maple and ash bat blanks at Rockler that were seconds for $9 last year. Our local Rockler has an area where they sell of returns and damaged goods so the deal may not be available at other locations.

ken kruizenga
03-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Try Maine Billets, I seem to recall that they sell shorts or cutoffs.

Michael Schneider
03-18-2016, 12:43 PM
you might try http://www.midwestdowel.com/pages/shop/category&CatID=15

give them a call, they only list to 1 1/4 size, but they might be able to help you out, or give you a contact

Tim Boger
03-18-2016, 6:44 PM
Thanks Ken, I checked them out and seems like just what I'm looking for !!
Tim

Try Maine Billets, I seem to recall that they sell shorts or cutoffs.

Tim Boger
03-18-2016, 6:46 PM
Thank you Michael, appreciate your help.
Tim

you might try http://www.midwestdowel.com/pages/shop/category&CatID=15

give them a call, they only list to 1 1/4 size, but they might be able to help you out, or give you a contact