PDA

View Full Version : Another newb!

Saleem Hodge
03-17-2016, 6:43 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm new to woodworking and am looking to start my first project in a few weeks. Decided to join the forum because all of the questions I've searched, have sent me here from Google. Also everyone one looks friendly and I love how photos are handled by the software.

I've been amassing tools for about two years now and am finally getting a jointer /planer so I can get stated. Pretty excited and looking forward to hanging out on here with everyone!

David Eisenhauer
03-17-2016, 6:49 PM
Welcome Saleem. There is lots of good information shared on this forum, just ask and then folks who tend to "specialize" in the subject area will most likely be able to help out.

Saleem Hodge
03-17-2016, 6:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome and heads up. I'm trying to learn about the different words out there and how to select it. Pretty scared of messing up some good stuff, so I'm planning on using douglas fir from home Depot for a loft bed for my son.

Lee Schierer
03-17-2016, 7:33 PM
Welcome, wade on in. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There is a very broad base of knowledge here.

Frederick Skelly
03-17-2016, 8:29 PM
Welcome Saleem!

Ben Rivel
03-17-2016, 8:53 PM
Welcome!!!